Struggling with Display2 Configuration in latest release

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sgraber

Struggling with Display2 Configuration in latest release

Postby sgraber » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:00 am

Ok, I had a very strange experience with CW last night. I'm attempting to use a Windows XP laptop to run the latest CW rc9 for my LittleSLA resin printer. CW and LittleSLA run fine under Windows 8.1 using Extended Desktop (Win-P), but I just could NOT get it configured properly under WinXP. I can only configure Display1 and not Display2 no matter what I try. I have the latest Arduino 1.0.5 drivers installed and AFAICT I have the latest display drivers installed on my laptop(s). I have the projector turned on and plugged in to the VGA port of the laptop and I have the USB plugged in to COM4. On my particular laptop, I switch between displays using Fn-F8 and have it set so that is in Extended Display mode with Display1 and Display2. I can see the extended desktop projected from the projector and I can move back and forth between it and my laptop display with my mouse cursor. Here is a screen shot of how I have CW setup with DISPLAY1 as my WinXP laptop and DISPLAY2 as my Acer X1240 projector. To the right is the Connection Setup window:

full-size image: http://i.imgur.com/yF8XtPb.jpg

Immediately upon pressing the "APPLY" button in CW, an error is thrown: "You Must Configure at least 1 Display Device"

full-size image: http://i.imgur.com/TlNQaQq.jpg

The "Configured Displays" box gets cleared and the "Build Size (mm)" get reset as seen in the above photo. I have attempted multiple times and multiple ways of getting DISPLAY2 to be accepted and have had no luck using two different laptops.

HOWEVER, if instead I select and configure DISPLAY1 in "Configured Displays", CW accepts it as a valid Display. I have verified this behavior with two different laptops running WinXP: a Dell Inspiron 1525 and an EEEPC. Using Display1, I can successfully connect to my printer and run it with both laptops. However, I do not want to use Display1 for this as 1) I want to see my desktop while the print is running and 2) I've had popups on Display1 fry a print.

This is driving me crazy. :? Any idea what's going on?
Research Chemist

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Struggling with Display2 Configuration in latest release

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 am

That sounds really bizzare. It looks like you're able to move the correct display (Display 2) over to the 'Configured' side. I'll have to look into the problem. For now, you might get away with manually editing the .machine file. It's a simple XML text file. Configure your machine for Display1, then edit the file manually and change it to display 2. I'll see if I can re-create this problem.
-Steve

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 am

Yep, when I have the projector ON and plugged in to the VGA port, DISPLAY2 comes up as a valid, selectable display that I can move over to the Configured side. It just errors out any time I try to APPLY it...

I'll give that a shot tonight - manually editing the .machine file and swapping out DISPLAY1 for DISPLAY2. That is one thing I did not do. Hopefully it's as simple as that. :) Thank you and I will keep you posted on this.
Research Chemist

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Research Chemist

sgraber

Postby sgraber » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Research Chemist