Wishlist: Different exposures in one job, peek feature

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wishlist: Different exposures in one job, peek feature

Postby adambx » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi,

two things:
first of all, this one might be a very special request. As i'm a sw developer myself, i know that it's not trivial to implement but it might be useful somewhere in the future.
You might consider it just for the fun of it or simply because no printer to date has this feature ;)

I've been thinking about setting up an exposure time calibration model to quickly find the right curing time for a material. For now You need to print something, realize that it sucks, adjust exposure, print again..and so forth..

How a bout a template that lets you print 10 versions of the same model where each one has a slightly different exposure time all in the same print job? that way it would be pretty easy to find the right parameters, especially if you have a new material to test.

number two (the peek button):
The above wish will probably not make it, so maybe something less ambitious :)
A button that lets you pause the print, raise platform let's say 50mm, lets you inspect the model (especially in the first phase, when you don't know if all the supports work out or if the exposure needs to be adjusted) and then lower it again to continue printing. this would improve the workflow(at least for me) immensely, since i tend to experiment a lot and i'm sure lots of others do too.

as I write this, something else comes to mind:
Nr 3:
Preset GCode commands! Or at least an individually selectable list of previous commands to reuse without the need for copy-pasting.
Oh..even more:
-OnEnter event for the custom GCode txt field, so there is no need to send it using the mouse.
-AutoScroll for the GCode replies!!! :)

OK, enough!

I'd like to apply for beta testing new features and bugs(Windows) if you are still looking for pairs of eyes O.O
If there are plans for the Beaglebone(black), count me In!

Cheers,
Adam