CWS on UNCIA DLP

firecardenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

CWS on UNCIA DLP

Postby firecardenal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi Steve.
Sorry to bother you, but you're my only hope. I thank you in advance to receive this information.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Chinese printer named DLP UNCIA. Unfortunately, the included software is very poor and does not work properly for me.

I have requested assistance to support UNCIA but never answered my messages.

I found Creation Workshop and decided to try it. It is a great software and much more complete and professional.

The problem is that can not find a firmware to make it work. I have no copy of the firmware that came with the printer and I can not get it back, so now I have only one brick on my desk.

In fact, the operation of the machine is very simple since it only has one motor for the z axis.

I'm too new to this and can not do to load a firmware that makes it work.

These are the components:

42STH Series
42mm 1.8° High Torque Hybrid Stepping Motor Single Shaft.

Teensy 2 USB Development Board https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy.html

Motor picture:

Electronics picture:

I require only 2 options for printing.
100 microns
50 microns

Again I appreciate your attention and I remain at your disposal for whatever you offered.
Attachments
SNAPSHOT 02.jpg
SNAPSHOT 01.jpg

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: CWS on UNCIA DLP

Postby Finhead » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Looks like a standard Nema 17 motor and standard A4998 driver.
Not sure what firmware they run but you could put Teacup on there and should have no problem at all connecting with CW since Pronterface is used in this build with the same board/setup.

BTW that looks like a total rip off of Ron's software Flashpoint. Actually the whole printer looks like a clone of sorts.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Woho Actaully after looking through my bookmarkes it is an exact rip off of Ron's printer so if your just looking to get this up and going with new firmware here is a link to the docs on the Sedgwick. You might want to email Ron and let him know this company is cloning his printer just so he knows.

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:13 am

Hello Finhead:

Thank you very much for responding and taking the time to help me.

I tried the Tea Cup, but I'm very inexperienced to understand what I'm doing. I could not make it work, but ...

You're absolutely right, I loaded firmware sedgwick and run again as when I first impression. But with this software, I can not print to 50 microns.

Now let me ask you a huge favor.
I want to use the CWS software to control this printer.

With the information contained in the code Sedwick, you can operate the CWS?

Please help, I am willing to make a donation.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Does your printer use the belt drive for the Z axis as the Sedgwick does? If it does I believe the gearing on the belt drive limits the resolution so your simply not able to get any better resolution than the 100 micron it defaults to.
I just opened the Flashpoint software to look at it and it seems to work very similar to CW just without a bunch of the extra features and GUI interface. It should still easily print what you need with the limitations of the printer you have.

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Hello Finhead

Yes, my printer works with a band or belt, in the same way that the sedgwick.

Even if I can not reach 50 microns, I would use CWS.

You can help me with that?

Thanks for answering.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Have you tried connecting to the printer in CW?
Seems like it should but I can't say for sure since I have never used a Teensy board.

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:07 pm

yes, I've tried but does not work.

Thanks for your help.
I hope some one answer this post.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Did you make sure to change the baud rate when you configure the machine in CW? Looks like the Teensy uses 250000 baud, so you need to match that in CW.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Here just in case since it's not explained in the manual for the newest version of CW.

Click on the "Configure" tab on the top of CW.
Click the "Configure" button Under "Machine Connection" Pic attached button in blue.
A new window will appear if you click on the drop down "Speed" change that to 250000 and set your port and press ok.

If that does not connect you might try a different baud rate, if none of this works you will have to wait for Steve to chime in since that means CW can't see your bot.