CWS on UNCIA DLP

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: CWS on UNCIA DLP

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Make sure the firmware supports 115200 and try to connect to it at that speed.

firecardenal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby firecardenal » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:55 pm

I must be doing something wrong.
I've tried everything and I can not make it work.

I think it's something that I set in the firmware.

Thanks for responding.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Sorry could have opened the firmware and had a look, if your using the one that came with your bot it might be different not 100% but he Sedgwick looks to be using 9600 baud rate if I'm looking at it correct. Set this to 115200 as Steve said and use that rate in the CW configuration as well, might work for you. It's super easy to find in the little tiny firmware file but just in case change that 9600 In brackets to 115200.

lokarpas

Postby lokarpas » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I also have an Uncia DLP and have been struggling to get any software to control it other than Snapshot 2.01. It seems the issue is communicating with the COM port. I went into device manager to change the tinsy settings and the config settings in CWS as was suggested earlier in this thread to no avail.

I'm not sure how Snapshot is communicating with the belt motor, but what I can tell you is that you have to 'enable' the com port with snapshot before it will communicate with the machine. Then the controls are a little funny in that to change directions with the motor, you have to click a forward or reverse button- instead of the z+50, z+10, z+1 / z-50, z-10, z-1 style of controls that we're used to seeing in normal reprap style software.

I'd love to be able to use CWS to control the Uncia- so any help would be greatly appreciated.

One other odd ball, that might be useful in deducing the mystery- if I hit send on the projector controls, it says no display driver found- any thoughts on what thats about?

Thank you for all your hard work on CWS, from what I can tell it looks like a great piece of software.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Did you try and change the baud rate in firmware as I indicated in my last post? Other than that I would say unless Steve has a Teensy board kicking around it might be a lost cause. Would be cheap enough to buy and wire in a RAMPS 1.4 kit or just a Uno with the driver you have (A4899) I have run CW off a UNO with that stepper driver, just needs to be soldered in place. A Uno is around $30 RAMPS 1.4 kit can be had for about $60 with the Mega 2560.

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Glad to find another owner UNCIA.

Finhead Thanks for your time.
I've made ​​the changes you indicate in the firmware, but I can not communication.

It seems that the only remedy is to change the microcontroller board.

If you have any recommendations, I will thank you let me know.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:38 pm

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Ok.
Already ordered.
Any link to learn how to connect?

Thank you

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Here is the wiring diagram for the RAMPS 1.4 You really only need to connect the Z axis stepper driver and motor, Z axis endstop and your 12 volt supply. The rest wont mean much to you unless it has a shutter, if it does I will walk you through how to connect and use a hobby servo.

And here is a working firmware, you will also need to download the Arduino software to flash the firmware.

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am

Hello Finhead. I do not want to be ungrateful. I am awaiting the arrival of the card to make my tests.
I have seen the links you provide and I want to thank you for your interest and your time. I hope to have the product next week. thank you very much.

See you Soon.