Creation Workshop RC9 - Not on GitHub!

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Creation Workshop RC9 - Not on GitHub!

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 20, 2014 9:16 am

Tons of new feature, bugs fixes and improvement based on the feedback of this great community!

Please report any problems to this thread.

-Steve

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creation Workshop RC9 - Not on GitHub!

Postby Finhead » Tue May 20, 2014 10:17 am

Downloaded, will try it out tonight. Thanks for all your hard work Steve. :)

Clinton

android78

Postby android78 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi Steve,

This is looking good.
I did have a slight issue with the configured displays. the program had chosen the correct display by default and it was in the Configured Displays, but when I started the print it printed to the primary display instead. Removing the configured display and adding it back resolved this. You might have to check how the defaults are working.
Other then that, this seems awesome!

Thanks,
Andrew.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 20, 2014 8:43 pm

android78

Postby android78 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue May 20, 2014 9:17 pm

HTL

Postby HTL » Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Steve

I have a request for an added setting to "Configure Slicing Profile" > "Options" for an adjustable delay between the start of the vat tilt and the raising of the build plate:

Currently generated GCODE (example):

;<Slice> 0
;<Delay> 5000
;<Slice> Blank
;********** Lift Sequence ********
G1 X4.0 Z4.0 F150.0
G1 X-4.0 Z-3.95 F100.0
;<Delay> 5500
;********** Lift Sequence **********

Proposed GCODE something like:

;<Slice> 0
;<Delay> 5000
;<Slice> Blank
;********** Lift Sequence ********
;begin vat tilt, give it a couple of second to release the part before raising the build plate (adjustable delay between vat tilt and raising build plate)
G1 X4.0 F150.0
;<Delay> 2000
;lift build plate after part release
G1 Z4.0 F150.0
;lift the vat, drop the build plate
G1 X-4.0 Z-3.95 F100.0
;<Delay> 7500
;********** Lift Sequence **********

The reason I am requesting this is that I have found that raising the the build plate and tilting the vat at the same time tends to cancel out the "peeling" effect of the vats tilt (for a time the vat and the build plate are pulling away from each other in or nearly in paralle so that initially there is no "peeling" effect. I have been using custom arduino software to control my printer that adds a vat tilt/buildplate lift delay but I would like to use controller software like GRBL etc. which it think is a better overall solution (I could use all of the machine control features in CW etc.) but I have zero part separation problems using my current arduino software.

A feedrate adjustment for the vat tilt would also be nice.

Excellent software.

HTL

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 27, 2014 6:45 pm

HTL

Postby HTL » Tue May 27, 2014 8:55 pm

I think I see how to do what I need from looking at the variables in "GCode" > "Lift".
Are there other variables that are useable in the GCode Section in addition to what I see in "Lift"?

also, is ;<Delay> %d1000 the correct format for creating a delay

Thanks

HTL

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue May 27, 2014 9:13 pm