Creation Workshop RC9 - Not on GitHub!

HTL

Re: Creation Workshop RC9 - Not on GitHub!

Postby HTL » Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks, I think the information will help out quite a bit.

HTL

duckprinter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby duckprinter » Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 am

That is great to have an update. It fix many problems and I like the possibilty in the "Control"-panel to choose what you need.
But I have found some bugs, too :)

1. The manual "Tilt control" give commands in the Z-direction and not in the X-direction. In the automatically generated G-Code of a part it is correct.

2. While connecting the machine, the projector shows a white (or gray) picture. This can be very annoying.

3. In the 3D-View sometimes the scrollbar appears. I didn't find a reason for it.
3D-View.JPG

4. And something just for the look. I think it is usually blue, but after clicking on the "Configur Slicing Profile" and back again, it is gray. ;)
Configure Machine blue.JPG
Configure Machine grey.JPG

Thanks,
Toby

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacManFan » Wed May 28, 2014 10:53 am

tinylion

Postby tinylion » Thu May 29, 2014 5:40 am

Excuse Me!
I have a question about Creation Workshop.
For example, if I make one thing in this time,
When next time I want to make the same thing
I still have to reload the STL file and then slice again anyway?

hp_

Postby hp_ » Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 am

Hi PacManFan,

thanks for making this software available.
Yesterday we where printing for the first time on my diy dlp resin printer.
but the odd thing i notices.. was when i set Exposure Time Per Layer to a different value i noticed when executing a print ..these values where not applied.. be-aware i didn't reslice the model after altering the values ...

sorry to interupt my sentence here... but i just realized something...

do i need to reslice a model for the values in the slice profile config take effect.... it sounds logical...

will do test this part asap :)
btw.. the print went awsome.. first print, first time right.. gota love it..

cheers,
hp

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Fri May 30, 2014 8:51 am

To answer your question: Yes, you need to re-slice the model if you alter the slicing parameters.

tinylion

Postby tinylion » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 am

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:36 am

Steve I think what is being ask here is if the model is sliced and then printed, at a later point (next day a few hours whatever) can that file be saved and used to print again. Like Gcode for a reg FFD printer it can be saved and printed at any time after.
As far as I have tried there currently is no way to reload the file CW makes and print it again, one would need to load the model, orient it on the build surface, add support structure and then reslice.
Would be great to be able to save sliced files and just print them from the pre sliced file, I have my printer running off a old laptop which bogs with slicing but my main PC slices them in no time.

HiVolg

Postby HiVolg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 am

it would be cool to adjust the power of the projector through a color change layer, but this requires a variable number of the layer and variable color (rgb)
Now I adjust the time power was lighted, but there are times where the polymers can be lit up with 400 ms and have to put in the settings gray

OrsonY

Postby OrsonY » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:13 pm

I just want to say Its a great software. 1 thing I want to say is about the un-merged object which shows a void area after slicing(which i have circled). Hope This can be fix and the software will be perfect.. ;) :D :D : )