New support type?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paulchainkang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New support type?

Postby paulchainkang » Sat May 10, 2014 2:27 am

Hello all,

I am new to Creation Workshop and this forum. I really like the support generation feature.

In RC5.1, I only find one support type, I don't know what's the right word for it, I just call it the "straight pillar" type (see attached straight_pillar.png). However, I saw another type of support in Envision Labs website. Again, I don't know the right name, I just call it the "slant pillar" type (see attached slant_pillar.png).

Is this kind of slant pillar support a future feature? Or RC5.1 has this support type? If so, how could I used this type of support?

Best regards,

Paul
Attachments
straight_pillar.PNG
slant_pillar.PNG

Finhead

Re: New support type?

Postby Finhead » Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 am

The second picture you have is CreationWorkShop with the supports it produces. You just have to place them to the side, double click the support hold shift and place where you want. Hold down Crtl and left click where you want the support to contact the model and it will angle the support. Alternatively you could use B9 Creator software to place supports (there are a few options) save off and open/slice in CWS.

Clinton

paulchainkang

Postby paulchainkang » Sat May 10, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Clinton, thanks for the tips.

-Paul

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat May 10, 2014 10:35 am

I should really get around to updating the user manual one of these days...
There's a few tricks in there to make your life easier.
Another one is select an object, and hold down the sift key to slide it around the X/Y platform with the mouse.

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat May 10, 2014 2:41 pm

adambx

Postby adambx » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:11 pm

I would suggest that after adding manual support, it should be selected automatically, so you could get right to placing it.

Any possibility for this?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:20 pm

adambx

Postby adambx » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:27 pm

I'll see about adding in a keyboard shortcut for a new manual support, then have it automatically selected.

adambx

Postby adambx » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:28 pm