G code to execute every N cycles

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gmoneyphx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

G code to execute every N cycles

Postby gmoneyphx » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Would be useful to have a magnetic stirrer to agitate pigment every so often in a top down system. Another category in the custom G-code area that could execute every N cycles would help facilitate turning on an output for the stirrer, waiting some delay period and then resuming the build.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: G code to execute every N cycles

Postby PacManFan » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:20 pm

I'll get right on it.

gmoneyphx

Postby gmoneyphx » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:45 am

I am never making suggestions with the "please get right on it" attitude...just making suggestions to discuss and implement when and if possible to improve real world use of the product.

Your efforts are appreciated, thank you.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:28 pm

It's kinda funny, I was discussing this issue with someone the other day. Their need was to pump resin into the vat ever 5 layers or so. I have a volume calculation tool that can determine how much resin the entire model requires. The approach we had discussed was to take the total volume of the model and divide that by the number of layers to get an average resin used per layer. Then, every 5 layers, send a gcode command to turn the peristaltic pump N steps to pump in the resin.

In order to support this in the application: The first step in this is already complete - allowing variables to be used in GCode through the use of a semi-scriptable mechanism. The next step is to better conditionals into the scripting as well as the reference to the current layer #. Then, the build manager can evaluate the scriptable portions of GCode on a per-layer basis during execution.
I think this approach can be used for a number of uses.
I didn't mean to be trite when I said "I'm on it", but I'm already on it.
-S