Moving Bits | FEPshop.com - Custom FEP Sheets and Films upto 1m2

This is the place to buy, sell, and trade printer parts.
1. No illegal activity
2. Commercial vendors of on-topic items are welcome
3. Please be informative as possible in the subject line.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fepshop
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Moving Bits | FEPshop.com - Custom FEP Sheets and Films upto 1m2

Postby fepshop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:18 am

Hi All, we just wanted to introduce ourselfs. We are Moving Bits and we use 3D printers for prototyping, design and fun.

For our new UV LCD 3D printer we needed high quality FEP Sheets. But we could not find any at a reasonable price with a reasonable delivery time. So we had a choice between waiting 20-30 days or paying a large sum of money for a few small sheets of FEP.

Soon we noticed we where not the only ones with this problem. So we created a third option, Moving Bits style! We bought bulk and behold, the FEP Sheet & Film Shop was born. A shop with a mission to bring FEP Sheets to your (flex)vat at a fair price as fast as possible.

If you have any questions, just send us an email shop@movingbits.nl

More information at

obelix

Re: Moving Bits | FEPshop.com - Custom FEP Sheets and Films upto 1m2

Postby obelix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm

But you can also get cheaper.
I get my FEP film from HTL's online shop in good quality.
Delivery from USA to Germany is also fast, if the customs do not intervene.

have a look at

https://flexvat.com/products/fep-film

fepshop

Postby fepshop » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks you,

Yes ofcourse we know this shop, great place, great product!

But i do not agree, it's not cheaper. Including shipping the price is about the same $23 vs 19,5 EUR. Our product may look more expensive, but we offer free shipping for most orders and we try to keep it that way. Besides you can get custom sizes from us, so nine out of ten times its cheaper because there is no waste. We are EU based so there are no suprises with customs within the EU :) Shipping to most of the EU takes only 3 to 4 days, if you need it faster you have a (paid) express shipping option (1-2 days)! And we have no limit on how much you can order each month :)

As i wrote in the intro we do this for fun, but ofcourse we have to cover costs and time.

obelix

Postby obelix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

For comparison. I always order the max. Length of 5feet.
If I calculate correctly, then the difference is as follows.
Flexvat.com (In the past, it was even cheaper) :

5feet x 12" = 152.5cm x 30.5cm = 4650cm^2 and cost $32.5 or EUR30.00.
Delivery cost from USA about 15EUR + 20% customs = 54EUR total.

On fepsheet.com:
To get the same area at a width of 100cm You need a length of 46,5 cm and cost:

1,65 EUR / cm x 46,5cm length = 76,7EUR.

Is this calculation right ?
But I agree that with special sizes the bill can look different,
and with other sellers it can be much more expensive.
It is definitely gratifying that there are further purchase possibilities,

fepshop

Postby fepshop » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:18 am

Thanks again for your input.

Your calculation is absolutly right. This shows we are just a startup and got some things to learn and the shop is not bug free ;)

For starters we use 122cm (4 foot) spools vs 30,5cm roll. These big spools are expensive, but we sourced this because we are more flexible. You can get 40cm x 40cm or 20cmx200cm if you want.

note The film width is 122cm. At the moment we garantee only >100cm because the last spool got some damage on the sides and there can be pieces that are not usable. We recieve our new 122cm stock tommorow.

- We did not start this business to compete on price, we just want to bring FEP to DIY and the small business market at a fair price and fast shipping.
- In the shop there supposed to be a staffel system that reduces the price when you buy more length, clearly this ain't working :? We will fix this and for now we averaged the price.
- Again we deliver it custom sized. Think what size you need, not what size if offered . Because if your lucky you can use the full 30,5 cm width, but otherwise you throw a lot away.
- No purchase limits :D

Based on your info the new calculation is as follows:
1,25 EUR/cm x 38cm length (122x38=4638) = 57,50 (incl. vat and 10 EUR Shipping)

But our biggest plus i think is we offer custom size. This way you don't have any waste. You can have your sheets ready to use. That's the biggest money and time saver ;)