Help Wanted! An Open Invitation!

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
Toadious
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Help Wanted! An Open Invitation!

Postby Toadious » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm an old retired Automation Engineer mostly PLC/DCS programming and design. Time I've got, skills are plenty out of date though. So if you need help let me know a direction and I'll crack book or Kindle or tablet or what ever is done to learn new stuff these days. I've started getting into embedded controllers a little, mostly PSOC from cypress, but that's adaptable.

Again more than happy to help just let me know,

Todd

P.S. I would also like to talk about vertical correction and other applicable problems.

Oneminde
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Oneminde » Sun May 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Hello fellow 3DLP enthusiasts.
I am planing to build a DLP printer and there is one thing I noticed right away, I need a software .. LOL. When it comes to the mechanical parts, that is not a problem, but locating or writing a software, that is not my thing. I do work with graphical content and can contribute there if needed. What I am looking for - exclusively - is a VOXEL based software. I do not want to print in layers. Envisiontec produces great parts and that is my goal. So the question is: What software exist now that I can use, modify to my build size ? Formlabs software are free, but specific to their machine. I am planing to build a bottom up printer with a rather large build volume.

tjb1

Postby tjb1 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:29 am

I see you were looking for 3D Modelers, I use Inventor 7-8 hours a day so if there is anything you need let me know.

bazzz

Postby bazzz » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 am

Great software! Build my DLP 3D printer yesterday and had allready 5 succesfull prints!

A few points which might be nice to improve:
-display drivers: it is impossible to let CW only control my beamer and not my normal screen. No big problem because I can simply cover the lamp. Hit start, minimalise CW and then remove the lamp cover. This works great but the "build finished" pop-up forces me to run to the printer to shut down the beamer or otherwise my print is distroyed. Simple fix: please add a key combination so that I can start the print in projector mode ( [ctrl] + P for example) and make the finish pop-up optional. Also a delayed start would be great!

-standard place imported stl's on the platform. I made a few mistakes where the part was just 1mm below the platform and I missed that

-use of the software: When I finished finetuning I would like to offer a SLA 3d print service on 3d hubs and for other local makers. With a quick look I couldn't find any restrictions but because of your great work I have no problem buying a licence of some kind!

BTW: as set up I use an infocus IN2104 DLP beamer(standard, color wheel still inside) in top down construction, subG+ green resin, reprap sanguinololu, standard 8mm rods for z-platform(prusa i2 style).

dsprinters

Motor not moving

Postby dsprinters » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 am

Hi Steve
i am using beta13 version and i connected it to rams 1.4 with mega 2650. and 1 stepper motor on Z-axis
But the issue is when i try moving the motor manually nothing happens.
plus i want to know when we connect arduino to usb, green lights up but when i give 12V 5Amp supply to Ramps no light indicator.

Is there a problem in my ramps or connection in Motor ?
Thanks in Advance
Congrats for such a amazing Program

Finhead

Re: Motor not moving

Postby Finhead » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 am

firecardenal

Postby firecardenal » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:56 am

Hello Steve

For users of printers top to down, two positions are required for homing.
A direct to fisic microswitch, and another at the working level.
It would be nice to have a button to go straight to the working level.
This facilitates the filling of the resin for each print.

For now, it works by sending a command manually.

Thanks.

f3rDz

Postby f3rDz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:02 pm

It might be late to join the party but count me in. anyway i can help. i can do 3d models, a bit of programming and graphics job. :D

crusoe

Postby crusoe » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Already started hacking on it. Fixing small UI bugs in Creation Workshop to learn the code base.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:36 pm