raspberry pi Silent boot

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
anthid
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: raspberry pi Silent boot

Postby anthid » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi guys. I can generate an sd card image, but It wouldn't work out of the box, because it needs a couple of hardware dependencies. Give me a couple of weeks to make it usable to the outside world and do some documentation and I will upload it to github.

3dprinter.org.ua

Postby 3dprinter.org.ua » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:26 am

https://3DPrinter.ua - 3DPrinter shop

adambx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby adambx » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 pm

My idea was to use the pi/BBB only for printing...maybe a http interface to upload a job via Wifi and the Pi only handles GCode interpretation and slice display. Thay way the regular PC is free for other stuff.
Had no time to implement anything yet :(

jaxon

Postby jaxon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:18 am

If you are running a X11 server on your other machine, you can always have a GUI tunneled over ssh to it, and not showing anything special on the HDMI output on the Raspberry Pi.
X11 is network agnostic. :)

And a white paper on top of tha raising paper could help some boot messages before the X11 starts on the RPi. Then that X11 could be controlled by a X11 program takeing up all display area. In that way we don't need to handle the frame buffer, just using ordinary X11 on the HDMI for printing. In that way, the debugging would be easier, and by using tunneling, the output could be shown on another X11 screen at the same time.

shahin

Postby shahin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Attachments
DSC_0027.JPG

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:45 am

shahin,

i've also seen that directly addressing a framebuffer in python takes a long time.

i've downloaded the fbi - frame grabber image viewer source as my starting point.
and try to provide the binary with input via the stdin via the python subprocess

i must say i am not yet really successfull in this...

is it possible that you can share any implementation details on this?

cheers,
hp

shahin

Postby shahin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:43 pm

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 pm

hi shahin,

i've got fbi working now to listen to socket (see this website - https://gist.github.com/silv3rm00n/5604330)
i've modified fbi source so it will run in a loop and handle my socket commands. no need to run it again and again.

looks like it works - also you can have it run in milliseconds.. should be fine on my side.

more testing ongoing..

cheers,
hp

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:30 am

Pi Running Headless & Webserver controlled

so after switching from python subprocess to sockets and modified the c code a little i am now able to run some slices images for a periode of time controlled via a httpserver running on the RPi,

so basically what you seen on the film clip is.. a c code controlling the frambuffer and accepting socket connections. and my httpserver(python) accepting commands and executing them to the c code program.

have a look:

cheers,
hp

hp_

Postby hp_ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:32 pm

uploading a file to the RPi now is also possible via the browser..

man i feel.. i'm so crazy close for a field test on my prototype!!
1280x800 resolution the projector..

something i want to do coming week..?

cheers,
hp