Cura: Fast slices

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cura: Fast slices

Postby Pie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 am

Has anyone else used Cura for slicing? I use it with my reprap, and it puts slicer to shame. They eliminated the slice button, it occurs in the background. I think they are using the GPU or something to get fast slices.

I've been using it for a month now and love it. Is there anything similar for a DLP printer? (I just found Creation workshop, I'm going to check it out tonight).

johnrpm

Re: Cura: Fast slices

Postby johnrpm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:01 pm

I have tried cura in an early release, but my laptops are from the rubish bin, so gpu not up to much, non have cuda,so can not use my kinect scanner, anyway creation workshop slices so fast, blink and you miss it.
Random Precision

fleming

Postby fleming » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Very true,
CW slices "on the fly" now, slicing and displaying each slice on a as-needed basis. Now that I support FDM machine printing as well as SLA, my plan is to incorporate a most robust slicer directly into CW that can be used to generate machine tool paths for SLA laser x/y as well as FDM prints.