MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
danthehuman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Postby danthehuman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 am

Any update on the marlin firmware support and adding a wiper between each exposure on the X axis?

cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cooly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:27 am

How is the marlin firmware supported version coming along?

cooly

Postby cooly » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:47 pm

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 am

I'm using the current version found here

Also CW to control the print, with three axis
X= Wiper
Y= Projector Height
Z= Build Table

My printer is a top down setup

cooly

Postby cooly » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I'll look into whether I can use Marlin for 3 axis control with MonoWare. I will post here for any update.
Thanks!

cooly

Postby cooly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Hello Dan,

With CW and Marlin, how do you know if the motor completes travel? I've seen NanoDLP users are also using patched Marlin to get a notification when a motor runs and stops. At least Grbl has a realtime feedback for this, but could not find the same with Marlin.

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:35 am

Hello all,

Now new version (MonoWare 0.1.014) is available on our website. https://www.monoprinter.com.

Brief summary of update is as below
- Separate menu window for printer settings
- Motor, slice, printing settings are adjusted inside the printer settings window
- Barrel distortion correction, uneven light intensity compensation added
- Anti-aliasing, barrel distortion correction, light intensity compensation, and dimming is processed on the fly, so you don't need to these processes before printing.
* Slicing on the fly will be added in the next release.
- Supports Marlin (Muve patched version), but not complete yet.
** G-code supports are not complete, so please test and dry run firstly.

The printer setting menu is located under "Printer" tab.
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (12.57 KiB) Viewed 17598 times

Below is a slice image after some image correction and processing.
Capture5.PNG

Please let me know any issue at info@monoprinter.com, or reply to this message.

Thanks!
Yun

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 pm

MonoWare 0.1.014 is not working properly with Grbl for now since I've modified some routines to accept 3 axis for Mono Firmware and Marlin. I've fixed this issue already, but will test a bit more and will release early of next week. If you want to test the MonoWare with your Grbl, please wait for couple of days.

Thanks.

GGresham

Postby GGresham » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:51 pm

I downloaded the freeware version of Monoware, and the interface looks great. This could be what I need to get my DIY top-down DLP printer working.

What would you recommend for users of Monoware? It sounds like you are suggesting the use of a Arduino Uno running grbl 8.0a. Would a RAMPS 1.4 + Mega 2560 work?

Thanks.