MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
Nitros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Postby Nitros » Sat May 06, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm not an expert either, if could be any help I can send you a pic of the board? Perhaps someone more expert can chime in

cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cooly » Sat May 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Great I will looking forward to hearing from you

cooly

Postby cooly » Thu May 11, 2017 10:22 am

I've made some changes and small improvements on MonoWare. Please download and install the new version
MonoWare 0.1.005 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vucka027m9w1r ... 5.exe?dl=0

The changes will be as below.
- Minor UI change for better visibility on Windows 10 & zoomed in text
- Support preview (watermark) during support placement
- Keypress "T" while object selected moves to object center
- Bug fixes during support generation

For LittleRP users and general Uno based printers, I've also configured firmware. Please download and upload it to your Uno.
Mono Firmware 05112017 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7yf0q6a2skqy ... 7.hex?dl=0

The pins that I've used for controlling the stepper and servo is as below.
Z-step pin: 4
Z-dir pin: 7
Z-limit pin: 11
Servo pin (shutter): 2
Fan control pin: 5
Pin 12, 13 are reserved for projector communication
- Other pins are not assigned in the version of firmware. Please let me know if you need further functionalities.
- You need to adjust the screw pitch inside Printer tab. AFAIK, LittleRP has 8 mm pitch, 200 steps per revolution, and 8 microstepping. So you can choose the three values 8.0 / 200 / 8. Please advise me this is not correct.
mw_screw_setting.PNG

** Please note that the MonoWare and firmware is provided without any kind of warranty or I'm not responsible for any kind of damages of hardware or software system.
mw_firmware.PNG
mw_firmware.PNG (5.43 KiB) Viewed 18616 times

Nitros: Please make sure you can restore the firmware back into the original LittleRP firmware. You can do the firmware upload inside the MonoWare Misc tab if you have *.hex or Arduino IDE if you have source code (*.ino). Please check the COM port and correct Baud rate before uploading the firmware.

Jaidek: I've not implemented time period trial version yet. However you can give this version a try before releasing the time trial version. I have a plan to release the version when I implement auto-support.

Please leave a reply if you have problems and questions!

Thanks!
Yun

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Mon May 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Hey Cooly,

I noticed on the store that there is now a license renewal for $29, is this the yearly cost after the initial $99 purchase?

Thanks,
Corey

cooly

Postby cooly » Mon May 15, 2017 2:45 pm

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat May 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Minor update is available. Please download and give it a try.
MonoWare 0.1.007 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/av1kunvseelqu ... 7.exe?dl=0

MonoWare 0.1.007 Revision Log
- Added support view option: full support vs. contact only draw (Key shortcut: V)
- Added a feature for adjusting support contact point and size (Shift + Rightbutton)
- Bug fixed on support generation between short distance
- Bug fixed on support-model link when support removal
- Bug fixed on long support & mesh-support generation
- Disabled the zoon at mouse position as default. Need SHIFT to focus zoom
- Bug fixed on OpenGL version issue.

I've fixed a bug about OpenGL version, so it should work on OpenGL v3.2 or later that can work with almost every PCs I guess.
Please let me know if you still have issues.

You can toggle the support view option between full drawn supports and contact only supports
0520_1.PNG

Each support contact points can be adjusted after selecting the support.
Right button down and move to adjust position, and SHIFT + right or left button increases or decreases the support diameter by 0.1 mm.
Using these feature, you can precisely edit the supports after rough placement.
0520_2.PNG

Thanks.
Yun

mongerdesigns

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu May 25, 2017 4:37 pm

So you copy the Solus 3d printer design and components and now you're copying the way Formlabs does support points. Get some imagination for yourself and originality. Stop copying other companies.

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Hey Cooly,

I am glad to see the progress on MonoWare evolving. I really dig the last update with the support point placement, it makes it very easy to place without obstructing the view.

Have you ever seen how B9 Creator does a waterline for visualizing where areas need support? It is one of the handiest features and could be a welcome addition if MonoWare had something similar. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu5rac7WUb0

Thanks!

cooly

Postby cooly » Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 am

Last edited by cooly on Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.