MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Postby cooly » Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Dear fellows,

I've been developing and selling DLP projector based resin printer, MONO1. I've also developed my own software platform to fully utilize the printer and to add additional features in future. The software is at its early development stage, but it has features necessary to manipulate models and print them. It's a CW style software and I have a plan to improve this into PreForm style one supporting wireless printing from PC. To further improve the software, I'd like to get comments and bug reports from community.

MonoWare Lite can import a single model (STL or OBJ) and slice it using GPU computation. Supports can be added and their parameters can be adjusted easily. MonoWare communicates with printer using custom command sets so G-code is not support at this moment. I'll consider this option if there is significant request.

The full version is $99 which has load/save functions for scene and slice information. You can also import multiple objects or copy them. The system settings and recipes are managed in the full version. I'll send you a custom firmware as well as detailed instruction for pin connection.

While MonoWare has been developed for DLP printers in mind, it is easily adapted to LCD printers. If you're a developer for commercial printers and need a custom software, I can customize the MonoWare to work with your printers.

Please stop by my store at https://www.monoprinter.com or get the MonoWare Lite at https://www.monoprinter.com/products/monoware-lite.

If you have further questions and comments, please leave a message or send an email at info@monoprinter.com.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Yun

mongerdesigns
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MonoWare Lite - Slicing and control software for resin printers

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu May 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Seems like a blatant copy of the Solus 3d printer with very minor changes. I wonder if the software is a copy also.

cooly

Postby cooly » Thu May 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Fri May 05, 2017 9:19 am

Hey Cooly,

I've downloaded the lite version to give it a try. Do you plan on having a trial version (time limited) of the pro version. I am interested in evaluating the auto support generation quality, but I have no means of doing that in the lite version.

Also, as a suggestion, I'd love to see a waterline preview when adding supports similar to how B9 does it.

Thanks!
Corey

provin

Postby provin » Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am

Can this software be used on another DLP printer?

cooly

Postby cooly » Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am

Jaidek: I have not implemented a full auto support generation yet. Current implementation is just creating grid style supports so it still needs manual modification after that. I'll implement the full auto support generation similar to PreForm and prepare time limited full version.

Provin: Yes, it can be used with any DLP printer that is based on Arduino. I've not released the firmware yet and plan to provide a compiled one per request. If you have any specific requirement I can make MonoWare work with your printer.

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Fri May 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reply! If you can make similar supports and auto orientation like PreForm that would be amazing. :D

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat May 06, 2017 9:30 am

Jaidek: Full development will take time, but will try to implement auto-support and auto-orientation. Algorithm-wise it's not complex, but the implementation is tricky since all meshes should be inspected to determine the best orientation and support generation position.

For those who do not want to visit the website, please download the file from Dropbox link here.
MonoWare V0.1.004 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ln5mquxd3awpi ... 4.exe?dl=0

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions!

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Sat May 06, 2017 12:06 pm

can be used with LittleRP? if so how to set it up?

Thanks

cooly

Postby cooly » Sat May 06, 2017 12:41 pm