New Slicer software package - Formware 3D - feedback needed

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
formware

New Slicer software package - Formware 3D - feedback needed

Postby formware » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

We've over the last 2 years developed slicing/supporting software we've been using internally.

We finally got to it to create a version for general use and i would like to know of there's anyone out there for which is might be usefull?

Some features:
- Slicing
- Autosupporting
- Mask generation (+ handy wizard)
- Lattice supports
- Gumball (move objects easily by dragging like in rhino3d)

We focussed very much on usability.

A 14 trial version can be downloaded here: http://formware.co/Slicer
We think of asking 25,- EUR for a yearly license so we can keep developing it further.

In a couple of weeks ik hope to add as well a simple printer controller (sending G-code/handling beamer). Currently not in the slicer software.

Look forward for any feedback,

Cheers,
Elco & Jan

Yianni-VJ
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Slicer software package - Formware 3D - feedback needed

Postby Yianni-VJ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:10 pm

I thought of giving your program a quick test.

After installing and configuring it for use with Ember I dropped in an STL and used the 3 different tools you have to create supports.
I found it so impressive, to the point that I already PayPal-ed you the 25 Euro, just to encourage you to keep up the good work.

I will do some real tests soon and you can expect some more meticulous feedback.
Off the bat, I would like to see in the future:
- Antialias in slices.
- Antialias support in the user interface,
- Support for 3D connexion devices.
- Support for diamond shaped pixel DMD devices.
- IMO, expanding the software to also work as a machine controller should not be a priority, unless you think you have something new/great to offer.
At the moment, there is more need for a good slicer/support generator.

One huge drawback is that you don't allow STL export, even for the paid version.
I don't want to use your slider for now (until it gets AA support), hence, I can't use your support generator either...

formware

Postby formware » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am

Hi Yianni,

Many thanks for the positive reply. That encourages certainly ;)

- I think anti-aliasing is somewhere in the code already; just commented out
- Exporting STL is also a good idea and shouldn't be to much work.
- The diamond-shaped pixels; i should read into that part; not familiar with what's needed there.
- 3DConnexion; i can look into it; just not sure if there is a good library we can implement here?

I hope to release an updated version in 1-2 weeks.

Kind regards,
Elco

idifix

Postby idifix » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 am

Hi, very nice . Your printer controller 'll be compatible with Arduino and Ramps?

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:34 am

I've downloaded the trial and there is a lot of promise with this new slicer. One thing that is a must though...STL export.

Also, any plans on adding Form2 like lattice based support generation? I see you can add individual lattice style supports, but it would be amazing to have them generated with the main supports.

Optimized orientation for the model would be a great addition too.

Nicolaus

Postby Nicolaus » Fri May 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi,
I have downloaded the trial and it looks very great. It is the only slicer I have found which is apparently supporting my printer.
However every time I try to slice in 2048x1536 resolution the program is crashing. Is there any plans for supporting this resolution?
I have until now sliced in 1920x1080 and the slices looks very good but they are not the optimal resolution for my printer.

Kind regards
Nicolai