Monkeyprint open source Software for resin printers?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Monkeyprint open source Software for resin printers?

Postby hp_ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi,

did anyone try monkeyprint yet: opensource software for resin printers?

the source code can be found here:

cheers,
hp

Nitros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Monkeyprint open source Software for resin printers?

Postby Nitros » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:10 am

Can be used with LR printer?

robotsinthesun

Postby robotsinthesun » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:37 am

Hi there,
I'm the guy behind Monkeyprint :)

@Nitros: If you're talking about the LittleRP: I guess it can.
You are able to configure whatever G-Code you want to send at the start, during or at the end of a print, so basically any printer that accepts G-Code and does the exposure with a projector or LCD (in contrast to a laser scanning unit like the formlabs printers) can be controlled by Monkeyprint.

Also, I've been in contact with Brad Hill from LittleRP and he will be testing Monkeyprint sometime soon I guess.

There will be a website soon (still need to find some time to do it) that explains the features and how to set it up.
As of now, the documentation is a little outdated I'm afraid.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask :)

Best,
Paul

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks @robotsinhesun where can i download it? and in case could you please help me to set it up for LR?

Thanks

robotsinthesun

Postby robotsinthesun » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Nitros

Postby Nitros » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:53 am

robotsinthesun

Postby robotsinthesun » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:58 pm

You can find installation instructions here:

The hardware stuff is outdated, but in this blog post you'll find instructions for the setup with a g-code board:

I hope it works for you!

Best, Paul

dandumit

Postby dandumit » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 am

Hi,

Could you please tell me if Monkeyprint runs on RPi 3 ?

BR,
Daniel

robotsinthesun

Postby robotsinthesun » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi Daniel,

depends on what you want to do: a) run Monkeyprint as a pre-processor for setting up your build platform, doing the slicing etc. or b) use the Raspberry Pi as a print server to control a printer?

For option A it would be necessary to have a second screen to display the GUI. One of the LCD options might work but the have a low resolution.

Option B is in the making and actually worked in some simple tests I did, but it's not stable yet and will require some more work.

Maybe you can tell me more about your plans and I can see how I can help you.

Best, Paul

danthehuman

Postby danthehuman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

I'm interested in giving it a go, will it be functional on windows 7 and marlin firmware?