Photonic3D : opensource DLP/LCD wireless printer controller

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kloknibor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Photonic3D : opensource DLP/LCD wireless printer controller

Postby kloknibor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:27 am

Hi all!

We have been working for quite sometime now on our opensource project photonic3D. This software makes it possible to :

- control your printer
- view and capture your printer (image/video)
- Easy calibrate your printer
- Print from different file types, from image files to stl files

Our project website can be found here : https://photonic3d.com/ ;

It can be installed on most OS systems without a problem, although most people will probably install it on a raspberry pi. Installing instructions for most Os-es can be found here :

https://wiki.photonic3d.com/doku.php?id=installing

We hope it helps makes using your 3Dprinter simpler and we would love if you could help us improve the software by leaving us feedback and maybe even help us with coding! That would be great!

But be warned it's still beta software, it does work! But there might be some bugs and room for improvements left, you can reach out to us on our github page (for the developers : https://github.com/area515/Creation-Wor ... ost/issues) or from our personal forum (for just questions) : https://forum.photonic3d.com/

Kind regards

kloknibor

Ps a little preview can be found in the attachments.
Attachments
58291f82-ffc3-11e5-8bc3-f7b8313dbc18.png

sloxd

Re: Photonic3D : opensource DLP/LCD wireless printer controller

Postby sloxd » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:03 pm

It looks great!! :D I can't wait to test it with my v2 version :D

kloknibor

Postby kloknibor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:23 am

thanks! And let us know how it works out for you! :D

lasersafe1

Postby lasersafe1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:17 pm

I am about a month into my research and experimenting in my spare time, of which I have very little. I was sure I was going to use NanoDLP and base my design loosely on the mUVe printer because their forum seems active and they have highly detailed instructions on download and use. I visited the photonic3D site and I couldn't seem to find as much information as is available on the NanoDLP site. So I downloaded the NanoDLP to my pi3 and started playing around. I soon found out it was not as friendly as I thought. There were some odd behaviors that did not make sense. Rather than try to figure it out or bug the forum, I decided to give Photonic3D a try.

Wow!!

I'm quite impressed! I judge the quality of software based on what I am able to figure out without reading a manual. I found I was able to "build" a printer profile in only a few minutes (by copying and editing the Titan printer template). I was moving my Z stage in the first couple of minutes after install. I figured out how to upload a model and hit "print", and my projector started spitting out slices and moving my Z axis. Very nice! I do have a few questions about the software, but it is absolutely ready for my first print with very little work setting it up on my pi. I have joined the photonic3D forum, so I'll be posting my questions there so that others who start to use your software will find the answers you give. I'll probably post in a day or two. Meanwhile, can you quickly tell me how I might edit the printer configuration to make a quick "top-down" printer? I have not built my frame yet for my flexvat and I'm itching to make a print, so I thought I might try top-down first in a pyrex 400ml beaker.

Thanks!

John (Squamby on your forum)

lasersafe1

Postby lasersafe1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:38 am

here is long boring video of my progress so far. I'm at the point now where I just need to set the parts on an 80/20 frame and then figure out all of my focus/sizing on the projector. I already modified my projector and I can focus at 4.5 inch distance.