XMaker software on diy DLP?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leinad78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

XMaker software on diy DLP?

Postby Leinad78 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:58 am

Hello guys,

i just found the XMaker software for the M-One which is free and uses the ATMega2560. Unfortunally they don´t use Ramps, they developed their own hardware. Fortunally they seem to be using the same A4899 drivers like most of us use.

Does anyone tried using this software? It has a very nice hollow option which works extremely good

zumpitu

Re: XMaker software on diy DLP?

Postby zumpitu » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Looks Interesting... tomorrow I will check it !

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Opening fine on several Win7 machines. Unfortunally i can´t get it to connect to my RAMPS. Company haven´t answered my email yet, fingers crossed

jcarletto27

Postby jcarletto27 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:38 am

I checked their software out as well and thought the hollow and support structure was pretty good, only to find out that they use a proprietary model format on export. In place of it I've been using Meshmixer for hollowing and PrintStudio for orientation and support structure.

Print studio is decent software, but the Ember printer dimensions are about 15% smaller than my actual printer, so it's only useful for my table top miniatures.

on a side note, i think the pre-form software has the best support structure, I hope creation workshop can mimic something similar in the future.