Simplify3D

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leinad78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Simplify3D

Postby Leinad78 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Hello guys,

i´m currently having some chat with the support from Simplify3d, which is by now the very best Slicer for FDM machines, and i´m trying to show them the possibilities and advantages of DLP over FDM. I seem to have created some interested i´d say, so fingers crossed they expand their large support of different kind of FDM machines even to DLP and LCD machines :)

Its not the cheapest software, but at 500$ for creation workshop which is still very limited, i think S3d would be really affordable :) I´ll keep this updated if you guys wish :)

nc42
Site Admin

Re: Simplify3D

Postby nc42 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:17 pm

I think Steve has said that the actual price will be around $75. It will be interesting to see when it arrives with new features.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm happy to pay $75 for an upgraded version of this software- anyone know when it's supposed to come out? I saw a reference to last November but I haven't seen anything since then about a release date.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:42 am

We've had some difficulties with programmers / new business pains / etc.. We're targeting late April for the next release of the CW software for a 50-75$ price range. This new software already has multilingual support, better support generation, more slicing and machine options and configurability, and model hollowing. We're still working on better support generation.
-Steve

koldo

Postby koldo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi Steve, I have a CTC Riverside laser based printer (http://www.ctcprinter.com/product_detail.php?ProId=12)
and the sotfware to control the printing is a pain (based on cura - fdm sotfware), do you have plans to support laser based printers besides dlp based printers?
It would be great!!

Thank you Steve!!

Leinad78

Postby Leinad78 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:26 am

Could you write some sentences on the build quality and the print quality? :)

danielm

Postby danielm » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:03 am

Koldo, could you please make some photos of internal components of your printer?
Daniel

koldo

Postby koldo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi Danielm,
sure, here are the pictures
Regards
Attachments
CTC_Riverside_08.jpg
CTC_Riverside_06.jpg
CTC_Riverside_05.jpg