Nothing in Slice View

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wdshea
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nothing in Slice View

Postby wdshea » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:58 am

I'm trying to print for the first time. I set up and calibrated my printer. I have models supported from B9C, and then through netfabb. I import into CW, snap to Z0, and slice. the slices appear in 3D view, and I can scroll through them, but in slice view nothing is displayed. It even shows the slice count in slice view, and I can move the slider but every slice I black.

any help would be appreciated, this is driving me crazy!

wdshea

Re: Nothing in Slice View

Postby wdshea » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 pm

I figured out why nothing was appearing... anti-aliasing was causing an issue. I turn AA off, and now slices appear... correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that's a bug.

wdshea

Re: Nothing in Slice View

Postby wdshea » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 am

so I got another computer dedicated to our Solus. It has a radeon hd 3650 (512mb vid ram), 4gb system ram, and win 10. I loaded creation workshop, and one simple ring. ~200mb of ram were being used (watching task manager), in moving the part 1mm in 'X' back and forth I was able to rack up over 1.7gb of usage by CW, and the software froze.

Anti-aliasing only exacerbated the issue.

i am wondering if CW is compatible with win 10, and if so, how do i make it stable?

i'm thinking of reverting to win 7, because i had the same issue with win 8.1.

any advice would be appreciated, thanks.