SLC 2 PNG

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
shahin

SLC 2 PNG

Postby shahin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:32 am

Hi,

I have put together a SLC to PNG converter program with pretty good Anti-aliasing, low memory usage, acceptable performance through utilizing multi-core architecture. After further performance improvements I am going to add it to nanoDLP in form of native SLC support.
http://www.buildyourownsla.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3772

I will appreciate any tips about the program.

For windows http://www.nanodlp.com/slc2png.windows.zip
For 64bit linux http://www.nanodlp.com/slc2png.linux64bit.zip

jkao

Re: SLC 2 PNG

Postby jkao » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Nice! A few tips to those who might try to use this:

Here's an example of a run that will output slices in the default frames.zip file:

Code: Select all

slc2png -r 90 -s -f GoPro-Frame.slc

Note that the parameter to r (XY resolution) must be an integer.

Shahin, a few asks:

• Would it be possible to allow the micron resolution to be a floating point number? Creation Workshop allows for 2 decimal places,and that seems to be a good number so that if I determine my resolution by measuring the calibration grid, I can just punch in my measurement without having a 1% dimensional error (important for printing fitting parts like nuts and bolts)
  • Could you output the slice file names with padded zeros, like 00001.png instead of 1.png? That makes it easier to preview through the list of images using a program like irfanview or the default image viewer in Ubuntu, which all iterate through files in file system sorting order, which is text based. I often like to scroll through the files quickly in order to make sure that there are no slice errors or unexpected surface overhangs.

shahin

Postby shahin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:25 am

jkao,

I have updated the program. Now it accepts float64 as resolution and it could zero padding filenames.

jkao wrote:Nice! A few tips to those who might try to use this:

Here's an example of a run that will output slices in the default frames.zip file:

Code: Select all

slc2png -r 90 -s -f GoPro-Frame.slc

Note that the parameter to r (XY resolution) must be an integer.

Shahin, a few asks:

• Would it be possible to allow the micron resolution to be a floating point number? Creation Workshop allows for 2 decimal places,and that seems to be a good number so that if I determine my resolution by measuring the calibration grid, I can just punch in my measurement without having a 1% dimensional error (important for printing fitting parts like nuts and bolts)
  • Could you output the slice file names with padded zeros, like 00001.png instead of 1.png? That makes it easier to preview through the list of images using a program like irfanview or the default image viewer in Ubuntu, which all iterate through files in file system sorting order, which is text based. I often like to scroll through the files quickly in order to make sure that there are no slice errors or unexpected surface overhangs.

jkao

Postby jkao » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:45 am

Works like a charm, thanks!

elliotm

Postby elliotm » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:14 am

I'm new to this program, but could I use it to customize the layers for the model and then load it to nanodlp?

adamk

Postby adamk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Shahin
Thanks for this program, works good and fast. However there is a huge problem..
Models that i slice in this program becomes mirrored in print.

Meaning, text and letters and design come out mirrored as if reading in a mirror.
I cant get my head around why this happends.

Maybe its the software for the old miicraft i have that is the culprint. Perhaps the old slicer software (that uses skeinforge inside) is mirroring the slices and then the printer softer mirror it back into correct.

Therefore i need to ask you if you are Sure your software does not mirror the models ?

shahin

Postby shahin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:31 pm

What's your input format? I have not got similar report, as it is usually very easy to flip view using the projector options or display settings.

adamk

Postby adamk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 pm

I have an old black miicraft so im using their "newer" software to slice into .slc

http://creativecad.works/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/MiiUtility_Ver3.2.720161227.rar

But since the printer software accepts .idx with all the png slices im using your SLC2PNG to extract the pngs.

This old miicraft uses a tiny pico projector och really primitive software so there is no mirror options available.

Is it possible for you to edit the slc2png to mirror the pngs for me? ;;;)

Or if you know of an free slicer that can make easy supports And slice into custom resolution png´s (768x480)

maxjewels

Postby maxjewels » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 am

I have your own printer and I use your own programs,
and to solve that problem i do mirroring from rhino before inserting it in the "MiiUtility" program