Mysterious delays during printing

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mysterious delays during printing

Postby jon_bondy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:27 am

I'm sure this is something bone-headed.

I watched the LittleRP printing, and this is how it is using its time:
- projector is on: about 3.5 seconds
- build plate raises and lowers: about 4.5 seconds
- delay with nothing happening: 8 seconds

So, the prints are taking about twice as long as they need to.

I've attached my slicing profile. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments
Slice-Config.PNG

sgraber

Re: Mysterious delays during printing

Postby sgraber » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Have you clicked the Auto Calc button since making changes?
Research Chemist

sodium

Postby sodium » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 pm

it happen to me sometimes. 4 or 5 seconds doing nothing. rebooting computer do the trick.

nc42
Site Admin

Postby nc42 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:10 pm

I've also had similar issues fixed by a reboot. I've never had it start mid print though was obviously a problem from the start of the print.

jon_bondy

Postby jon_bondy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

I did click Auto Calc.

Fixed with a re-boot. How unfortunate.

Thank you.