nanoDLP - Raspberry Pi DLP Host Software

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
shahin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

nanoDLP - Raspberry Pi DLP Host Software

Postby shahin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi all,

After my previous post about Raspberry Pi based DLP printer host software quite few people asked for demo version.
I have prepared a demo version which could be installed on RPi 2.

You can download it through following link

For more information about the software you can check out following web page

If you have any problem with the software let me know.

My previous post

Max
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: nanoDLP - Raspberry Pi DLP Host Software

Postby Max » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:22 am

Hi shahin,
i see you've released your demo, can you tell me more about the electronics? Can we use the A4988 stepper drivers? What pins should we exactly connect? I'm really noob with raspberry pi.

shahin

Postby shahin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:52 am

Attachments
gpio.png

jkao

Postby jkao » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:49 am

Nice! Do you have a way of setting lift speed and height between layers similar to the layer-by-layer specs in ProjectLayer?

sodium

Postby sodium » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:11 pm

wow! its seems very configurable and complete.

then, if you have not yet implemented the grayscale mask, how to use the entire build plate, specially with the acer 6510 ?

shahin

Postby shahin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:44 pm

shahin

Postby shahin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:04 pm

jkao

Postby jkao » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:28 pm

With the Kudo3D Titan 1 printer (that uses a modified version of ProjectLayer), I generally use 4-5 regions currently, generally for:

Attachment layer, just 1 or 2 layers at the beginning for attaching the print to the build plate, usually extremely long cure like 60-120 seconds
Support/Foundation Layer - Area at the base of a print or before the part starts that need to be built harder than normal, but not as long as the attachment layer
Transition layer - Something in-between the support/foundation settings and the normal build speed to reduce artifacts from sudden layer changes
Rest-of-print - Normal (faster settings)

Optional - Some of my parts are hollowed and have a roof that comes in later in the print, so I add in another region where that occurs to slow down and increase the lift due to the increased surface area.

There are a few Titan 1 users who regularly use ProjectLayer to change settings in the middle of a print. In particular, they may find that a given lift height is too big or too small after a few sample layers are printed, an then change it.

Based on popular request, Kudo3D made changes to Projectlayer to support 8 regions (I think the original only supported 4). While I have never personally used all 8, there have been a few users who have asked for more than 8 regions based on changing part surface areas in the prints they are making.

In the longer term, I think a better approach would be for a program to analyze the surface area and density of each region, and then based on some base exposure/lift height/lift speed settings, apply a multiplier based on the surface area and density.

jkao

Postby jkao » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Also, for wiring a stepper, I presume that you need a separate power supply to drive the stepper? Do you have an example of the full set of components and wiring that you use for your setup?

shahin

Postby shahin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:23 am