Raspberry PI Based DLP Printer

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
shahin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Raspberry PI Based DLP Printer

Postby shahin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

pratipo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby pratipo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 pm

hi sahin

just saw the last built
the servo is working perfectly! so great! many thanks

this is just to let you know the resistor needed for the carriage endstop is a PULLUP rather than a pulldown ;)

also, how are you dealing with the start-up "noise" in the stepper?

thanks!
R

shahin

Postby shahin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:18 pm

adambx

Postby adambx » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:04 pm

As shahin pointed out, we're currently testing GCODE implementation to make the SW work with any GCODE controller connected to a raspi USB port.

Cheers

Haydn

Postby Haydn » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi Sahin,

I'm working on developing a RPi/Arduino/GRBL based DLP printer and your software sounds interesting.
I'm also an experienced Linux programmer and would be willing to help with coding, etc.

How could I arrange to try out your software, to see if I can get it to work on my DLP?

shahin

Postby shahin » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 am

danielm

Postby danielm » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:36 am

Hi,

I am working on similar solution with Web-based UI, however it is designated for laser-based 3D printers. Check http://marsaltech.com/update-october-2015/ for screenshot. Initial prototype makes use of RPi, however I am currently developing new iteration with Cortex M4 MCU.

In this video you can see scanning of infill first, then perimeters. Output data of my custom slicer is stored in vector format, not as bitmaps. Therefore it will be possible to adapt scanpaths to different materials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eMjF2e6bt0

Daniel