Computer crash

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mhgjewel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Computer crash

Postby Mhgjewel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Hello I'm run CW on a windows computer and CW seemed to lock up twice today after about ten minutes into an hour print. The printer thought the program was still going but the projector stop flashing info to it. I was able to move the move to the task bar to show this error. Here is the error I got. And thoughts?
Attachments
image.jpg

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Computer crash

Postby PacManFan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:40 am

Mhgjewel

Postby Mhgjewel » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:07 am

It would not let me open that window. CW was locked up. To get that picture I hovered the mouse over the task bar.

I reboot the computer, printer, and projector in order to get control of the printer again.

I opened the task manager and the physical memory was 62% (it's an older computer) with only CW running. I checked the processes and found that google chrome, and a couple more programs were opening on the startup. So I turned them off and rebooted. That dropped the usage to 38% with CW open. That was at 2 am last night. I'm gonna run a test this morning to see if that fixed it.

Mhgjewel

Postby Mhgjewel » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:34 pm

The print went farther but crash again. Here is a screen shot of what the computer is. It has 3 sticks of 1 gig ram so I'm gonna up th ram to 6 or 8 gigs
Attachments
image.jpg

jwlrymkr

Postby jwlrymkr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:20 pm

You're running a 32 bit system. You will only get 3 usable gb of RAM, even if you put in more than that. I hope you get the problem sorted soon.
Ken

Mhgjewel

Postby Mhgjewel » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Fixed my problems by buying a new computer for $200

Should have done that four days ago

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4446 ... p_Computer