wired usb-to-serial communication problem

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sandybeauty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

wired usb-to-serial communication problem

Postby sandybeauty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 am

I designed a controller board. Using Sprinter firmware. The usb to serial chip is FT232. But the problem is the CreationWorkshop can't connect to it. So I changed another usb to serial chip (CP2102), Bing, connected.

My question is : CreationWorkshop will detect usb chip? Testing version is 1.0.0.41.

With the latest version (1.0.0.54), none of the chips can connect. Don't know why?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: wired usb-to-serial communication problem

Postby PacManFan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:48 am

Creation Workshop can connect to any serial port as detected and set up by Windows. You may wish to double check you settings such as baud rate