Getting closer to first print, Z axis issue...

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
PomeroyB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Getting closer to first print, Z axis issue...

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:50 pm

You may also have an issue with light bleeding -- it causes your edges to be fuzzy, since the UV is refracting a further distance throughout your resin.

Blue and purple tend to have the worst light bleeding (So I've heard). I'd give red or yellow a try (With the same settings as you currently have) to test that! Good luck! :)

mhackney
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mhackney » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks! Yes, I was considering trying red or yellow as I hear they are easier to print. Then I'll have some data to compare.

cheers,
Michael

mhackney

Postby mhackney » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:32 pm

The red G+ is easier to print than the blue. This part used the same slice parameters and came out pretty nice looking. It was a little soft, is that normal until it is post treated with UV?

FullSizeRender.jpg

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:24 pm

mhackney

Postby mhackney » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:52 pm

The 35mm diameter one came out very nice I think. Even the little supports are well defined. It looks great under a magnifier.

IMG_5350.jpeg