Help with Droplit Firmware :P

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cwmain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help with Droplit Firmware :P

Postby cwmain » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Hola,

I just built a Droplit from Seemecnc, and I can't (and others on the Seemecnc forum) can't get the printer to work.
The Droplit comes with Arduino Uno and gShield.

The firmware instructions say:
Download the hex file from this git repo
https://github.com/grbl/grbl-builds/blo ... 131207.hex

Download XLoader from this link. You will use it to upload the pre-compiled hex file downloaded above (the firmware)
http://russemotto.com/xloader

I did these two steps and tried to flash my Uno with the .hex file given above. I tried to move the motor in CW but nothing responds.
Did I miss a step completely? This is new to me, and it would help out all Droplit owners if we could get it going.

Any advice and questions I would love to hear!

Thank you!

Scatterplot

Re: Help with Droplit Firmware :P

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Make sure your serial stuff is set up correctly, including checking the right boxes for Z axis control, as well as your serial port baud rate, stop bits, and so on, and make sure you're hitting the Connect button at the top before trying to send commands.

cwmain

Postby cwmain » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:34 pm

That window should be showing up on your projector. Make sure you go to machine settings and set up your display.

cwmain

Postby cwmain » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:36 pm

mhackney

Postby mhackney » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:31 pm

cwmain, you probably saw that I'm back at getting the DropLit operational. I've posted my config and compiled grbl files over on the SeeMeCNC forum. As of today, my printer is operational but my first 2 prints failed. I need to concentrate on getting a god print of something simple. I suspect that I set my Z=0 incorrectly and not 100% sure about my projector focus. But I have everything configured, can slice in CW and run the program.

cheers,
Michael