Dual Material Printing with CW

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
matrim
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dual Material Printing with CW

Postby matrim » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:27 pm

I've been commenting about this on multiple threads, so I thought I'd make a new one....

I'm currently working on a small utility that will eventually take two .cws files and merges them into one - hopefully allowing for printing two materials. This is really a stop-gap until a native solution is implemented by folks with more coding experience than me. (I need to have a solution in a couple of months - this seemed like the fastest way). I'm writing it in C# just in case any of the code can be recycled. I'll share once I get something useful, but so far it can:

Combine slices from two .cws files and rename and renumber them correctly.
Scan .pngs to see if they are blank slices and ignore them - this will happen if one object is "floating" inside another

BTW, I've noticed one slight bug in the software. When you load a CWS file that was saved with slices, the slices don't load (ie can't be seen in the slice view) unless you are in the slice view when you open the .cws. Also, only the first slice loads when you load the file, but if you load the file twice, then all the slices will load into the program. I haven't actually tried to print after loading like this, but everything seems ok after you load twice.

PomeroyB

Re: Dual Material Printing with CW

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Do you have your hardware set up yet? I'd like to see how you're moving the build plate between the two vats.