help, shortguide for setup firmware?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
mandy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

help, shortguide for setup firmware?

Postby mandy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:42 am

got to two NC optical endstops(Z+) and (Z-), one nema17 (Z), runs marlin firmware.

mecanic is..
Dia: 8MM
Tr8*8
4 Start
Pitch 2mm
Lead 8mm

trying to run CW but nothing happens... so.. im completly newbie.. my guess is either endstops are messing around and sending stop signals.. or something with the motor or its something else... so.. whats you configuration.h look like? and how should can i calibratate the rod?

thanks for reply.

PomeroyB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: help, shortguide for setup firmware?

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:41 pm

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:51 pm

(Splitting this into two posts since the two issues are completely different, and this way avoids a wall of text)

Alright, now for the tough one. We're going to need a lot more detail than "But nothing happens".

First off (And you'll hate me for this) -- Is everything plugged in? It's possible to connect to CWS over USB, but the motors can't run from that. (Hell, check if your motors are plugged in, too. I've had that happen to me before)

Second question: Is CWS successfully connecting to your board? If not, then you should check out It's written for the Uncia, so some of it may not apply to you, but about halfway down, it starts talking about COM ports. It's important to get both the port number correct and the baudrate ().

If you are successfully connected, but still can't move, it could be due to your endstops. I'd unplug the Z- endstop and see if I can move in either direction (Marlin sometimes locks you up until you've homed).

Again, it's hard to diagnose without more info (And/or photos/screenshots), but hopefully this helped.

Scatterplot

Postby Scatterplot » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Also, don't forget to click the "connect" button :)

mandy

Postby mandy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 am

mandy

Postby mandy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:16 am

ok, uhm, i might have found something why the motor wont work.

every time i turned on the power supply, the green lamp just went black at the power supply, so when i disconnected the power supply from the ramps, removed all electronics and still, it seems that is a short circuit between incoming + and - at 12/5A.

its like 0,1ohm between + and - at 12/5A

uhm... suggestions? or should i bridge 12/11A with the 12/5? (but something tells me that it wont work.

mandy

Postby mandy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 pm

nevermind, found this
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?219,259333

and im gonna replace D2
http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/f/f6 ... ematic.png

good start on this project ;)

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:58 pm

mandy

Postby mandy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:46 am

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:22 pm

When the axis moves in only one direction, it's usually because the endstop is inverted.
-Steve