stepper motor is not working properly

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LiebMario
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

stepper motor is not working properly

Postby LiebMario » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Hello,

I have problems with the stepper motor. Sorry, my English is not so good. I use CW 1.0.0.36 and Arduino UNO with firmware DLP Sidewinder by Henry Locke (CreationWorkshopTo stepper interpreter StepDir_v12) with BIG EASY DRIVER.
The data transfer from CW to Arduino works in my opinion (COM 3 and Speed 115200) The data are received (LED flashing).
The stepping motor rotates but only if I press the 10 mm buttons (up or down) in the "Control" menu of CW. In this case the stepping motor rotates approximately 31.25 full turns (about 6250 steps). If I change in 1 mm or 0.1 mm in the up or down menu the stepper motor does nothing. The LED on the Arduino only flashes briefly.
How can I solve this problem? I can not change the speed, not in the CW and not in the firmware.
I would be very happy for your help.

Best regards
Mario

cncbasher

Re: stepper motor is not working properly

Postby cncbasher » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:26 pm

what microsteps have you set on the big easy stepper ( ms1,ms2,ms3)
what power supply are you using and also what ballscrew or threaded rod are you using for z , this needs to be set correctly

LiebMario

Postby LiebMario » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:03 pm

The settings on the BigEasyDriver (ms1, ms2, ms3) are not used. So I understand the factory that the standard default is 16 micro steps.

The stepper is temporary not connected to the printer.
But I want to use a threaded rod with 2 mm pitch / revolution. 10 mm height are 5 turns with 200 steps = 1.000 steps and 16 micro step = 16.000 steps for 10 mm. Right?

The power supply is a laptop power with 18 V DC and 1,1 A.

Thank you for your help.

dalaura10

Postby dalaura10 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Comrade, I have the same problem, I am unable to control my printer with this firmaware If you achieve progress post for us.

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:01 am

the default x16 microstepping is with all 3 links on (ms1.2.3 ) ,

LiebMario

Postby LiebMario » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello friends, I have been involved more closely with the Arduino code. The program interprets only two G code commands "G1 Z 10" and "G1 Z-10". If it is sent by CW (Menu Control 10mm) rotates the stepper motor 100,000 Steps to the left or right.
First I copied this program block and adapted for 1 mm and 0.1 mm. My printer needs 16,000 Steps for 1 mm. Now all six commands are executed.
Here the Arduino code to copy the sketch.

//*********************************************************************************************

else if (String(sdataBuffer).substring(0,7) == "G1 Z-10") // bottom limit (vat floor)
{
if (on_bottom_limit == false) // not already on bottom limit
{
HomingBuildPlateBottom = true;
LiftStepper.setMaxSpeed(2000);
LiftStepper.setAcceleration(12000);
LiftStepper.move(-16000); // move towards bottom limit
}
}

else if (String(sdataBuffer).substring(0,6) == "G1 Z10") // top limit
{
if (on_top_limit == false) // not already on top limit
{
HomingBuildPlateTop = true;
LiftStepper.move(16000); // move towards top limit
}
}
else if (String(sdataBuffer).substring(0,6) == "G1 Z-1") // bottom limit (vat floor)
{
{
LiftStepper.move(-1600); // move towards bottom limit
}
}

else if (String(sdataBuffer).substring(0,5) == "G1 Z1") // top limit
{
{
LiftStepper.move(1600); // move towards top limit
}
}

else if (String(sdataBuffer).substring(0,8) == "G1 Z-0.1") // bottom limit (vat floor)
{
{
LiftStepper.move(-160); // move towards bottom limit
}
}

else if (String(sdataBuffer).substring(0,7) == "G1 Z0.1") // top limit
{
{
LiftStepper.move(160); // move towards top limit
}
}

//********************************************************************************************

Arphyss

Postby Arphyss » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:41 am

I had the same problem. I changed the code as LiebMario said. Now It's ok !

I already have a spin problem, but I think it comes frome my motor driver, because the 5V signal is coming from the Arduino.