Please Help!! SLA product surface problem. (photo included)

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cchun
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Please Help!! SLA product surface problem. (photo included)

Postby cchun » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 am

Hi guys, I am trying to make my own SLA printer using openSL based software. (slice with slic3r and using Repetier for UI)

I purchased continuous wave 405nm diode laser (up to 100mW) and galvo set (30 kpps, mirror+motor+driver set).

It works ok but the surface of printed part has kind of 'cross stripes' and its very regular in shape. (please see the pic)

It happens when I use this super-focused laser which has 20 microns of beam size (this is much smaller in beam size than that of other SLA lasers).

Galvo resolution spec is more than enough to draw continuous line so I think it is related to the firmware...but have no idea how I can remove those 'dots'

Any ideas??? Please help.. :(

Thank you!!
Attachments
IMG_0155.JPG

cchun

Re: Please Help!! SLA product surface problem. (photo includ

Postby cchun » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:00 am

I can see laser draws dotted line instead of solid line..

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:56 am

From what I can tell, it looks like the raster fill isn't dense enough. If your laser has a 20micron beam, then you need to slice the model at a 20 micron X/Y resolution.

cncbasher

Postby cncbasher » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 am

what software are you using to drive the galvo's etc ?
and i'll try and replicate your setup here
as Pacmanfan suggests it appears to be that your slicing at to wide in x y what ever your set at , try a test at 50% less