Linux resolution trouble

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glacian22
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Linux resolution trouble

Postby Glacian22 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 am

I've been messing around more with trying to get CW to run on my linux machine, and I've run into some issue. For background, this is the latest version of (36 I think?) on a fresh install of kubuntu, with monocomplete installed. CW will load up just fine, but when I enable the secondary display (a 2048x1536 retina LCD over displayport), CW doesn't get that the two displays aren't one huge canvas...at least I think that's what's happening. Take a look:
You can see that my desktop is on the left, with the higher res LCD on the right. Under "Available Displays" it just says "Mono MWF Primary Display", even after refreshing. The Output Resolution stays at 3968x1536 no matter what I do...if I change it manually it just reverts when I hit apply.

This is what happens when I tell CW to display the calibration grid, it's kind of a mess as you can see. Part of my desktop ends up with a grid, the rest of it is blank, as is the retina display.

In the first image you can see that Linux is handling the two separate monitors just fine, so the fact that they show up in CW as the combined "mono mwf primary display" makes me think it's a quirk in mono.
Any thoughts on how to tackle this?

PomeroyB

Re: Linux resolution trouble

Postby PomeroyB » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 am

I am completely unfamiliar with linux, unfortunately. But I'll give you a bump in the hopes that someone else can chime in.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 am

I'm not sure what's going on. CW relies on the fact that the monitor is recognized by the OS as two separate displays. It is obviously extending the desktop to the second display, but it looks like it's mapping both monitors into a single larger monitor.

Glacian22

Postby Glacian22 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:04 pm

I thought maybe it was a driver issue, so I switched over to the official nVidia drivers (running a GTX 660), but then CW wouldn't run at all...turns out the official drivers are notoriously flakey. Maybe even the "better" default drivers aren't quite doing the job? What hardware have you had CW running on successfully under linux?

kurt_ek

Postby kurt_ek » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Having the same issue... Anybody found a solution...?