Add support for other controllers?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KarlKarpfen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Add support for other controllers?

Postby KarlKarpfen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in the software but the supported laser controller LaserShark seems to be too simple for me. So my question: is it possible to add support for other controllers? Is there an SDK or something like that available that makes it possible to implement support for such own/other hardware?

Thanks!

Karl

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Add support for other controllers?

Postby PacManFan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:48 pm

I'm always open to new people contributing to the code. I'm actually in the process of working with a company to add support for the E1701M controller for steppers/galvo for a SLS system. If you have a specific controller in mind, please let me know.
-Steve

KarlKarpfen

Postby KarlKarpfen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:25 am

Hi Steve,

I'm willing to do the full implementation and to provide it to the project. Only question is where to add this support: is there an interface to external devices like such laser scanner controllers available? Perhaps with some kind of documentation or examples? Or has the whole code to be hacked into the main application?

Thanks

Karl

danielm

Postby danielm » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:02 am

Steve,
will the support for the E1701M controller be part of general (public) release of CW?
d.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:48 am