Wont Stick

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
monito
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wont Stick

Postby monito » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Over the weekend I finally got my machine up and running. But my problem is that none of the prints will stick to the build plate. I purchased FORMLABS build plate to make my life easy so O know I have a good build plate. I did manage to get 1 or 2 prints to stick but not very well. Its taking to much effort to get the prints to stick. Any ideas?

We are using the following resin

B9 cherry
Maker juice clear

The clear is a little better but it cures so fast its hard to work with it.

Also at the end of the print a POP MESSAGE appears and says you completed your print.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Wont Stick

Postby PacManFan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:07 pm

You may need to have a longer exposure for the first few layers. This will help the resin adhere better to the build plate. Additionally, you really need to make sure the build plate and vat bottom are perfectly parallel with each other - flat and touching. I had a few problems with the builds not sticking to the plate as well. What kind of vat coating do you have? What kind of tile mechanism?

monito

Re: Wont Stick

Postby monito » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:18 am

Im using FORMLABS build plate i bring it as close as I possible. But Im sure theirs room for improvement. I started using a tilt slide which I dont like to much. The results are not repeatable. This might be part of the problem.