Getting Started Infocus 2104

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
monito
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Getting Started Infocus 2104

Postby monito » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Last night I was able to download run Creation Workshop Version 13. Importing a STL file was intuitive along with adding supports. Slicing took a little bit longer to figure out. There was little instruction on how to configure the slice engine. But once I did it worked flawlessly. Where I am now stuck. Is communicating with the Infocus 2104 projector. I am using a Parallax usb to serial adapter to communicate

http://www.parallax.com/product/28030

The device is set with the following settings
Bitts per second: 115200
Data bits: 8
pairty: none
stop bits:1
flow control: None

This was set in the DEVICE MANAGER and again in the software under CONNECTION SETUP. I think Its configured correctly but I was not able to project an image. There wasnt any commands loaded in the PROJECTOR group. Except for EXAMPLE but that did nothing. I entered a few commands found in the RS232 Guide provided by Infocus. But nothing happened when hitting SEND. It would have been more convenient if CW v13 would accept ASCII inputs instead of HEX When configuring projector. When I selected SHOW i got a black screen with red-lines on my PC nothing happened with the 2104. Selecting SHOW BLANK only displayed a black screen and HIDE closed the window. None of the commands did anything to my projector. I also noticed that the SCREEN RESOLUTION would always default back 19020 X 1200 my screen resolution every time I clicked on \\DISPLAY?\. Why does it do that? Should it just stay with the values I enter? Is there a way for me to test my connection in the software or a terminal program? Before getting into printing? I downloaded a terminal program to troubleshoot the connection. But that didn't work either :evil: ! I could use some help getting started. If you enlighten me on the following

1. A free terminal program to write commands directly to the projector. A tool that I could use to run basic commands.
2. Details on how to setup a Infocus 2104 in Creation Workshop Version 13
3. After I setup the projector in Creation Workshop Version 13 there are no commands in the drop down box. What should be there?
4. Any video would be or tutorials would be STELLAR!
5. A detailed list of commands for the Infocus 2104 to use in CW v13
6. It would be more convenient if CW v13 would accept ASCII inputs instead of HEX

If you have gotten you projector to work with CW v13 I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Getting Started Infocus 2104

Postby PacManFan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 pm

I'll see if I can put together a how-too guid. I didn't include any projector commands, because everyone's projector is different. 115200 sounds a little too fast for a serial control on a projector. Most that I've read about connect at 9600bps. Check your manual for the connection speed. Keep in mind that the serial control for the projector is for things like turning it on and off.

monito

Postby monito » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:16 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try different settings.

I thought your original setup used a Infocus 2104? What did you do to project and image? What commands did you load? I thought it might also be cool to get a little bit more information out of the projector.

johnrpm

Postby johnrpm » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:59 am

Not familiar with your projector model, but could you use the vga port, or do you need the
usb, the little I know about usb on projectors is that it has a command list, if you can
get a service manual it should list them.
Random Precision