Tilt mechanism moving with Z axis

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
escott
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tilt mechanism moving with Z axis

Postby escott » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading posts for several months.

I just built a UV-SLA 3D printer and I'm having a problem where my Z axis stepper motor moves in Creation Workshop when I tell the tilt to move in the control tab. The Z axis also moves if I tell the z axis to move and when I tell the Tilt mechanism to move. When I run a dry print, without resin, both the Z and tilt stepper motors move in unison. The tilt mechanism uses a stepper motor and is wired to the x axis of a ramps 1.4 board and the Z axis stepper motor is wired to the Z axis.

My setup:
I have an arduino Mega 2560 with ramps 1.4 and two A4988 Stepper Motor Drivers. X-axis is wired to tilt and Z-axis is wired to Z direction for lift. I have mechanical endstops wired into both the Z axis and tilt (x-axis). I'm using Marlin firmware and can successfully use both the x and z axis in Repitier software. The z axis and x axis move perfectly in Repitier and the endstop work to home the axis. I've built a couple FDM 3D printers so I know how to set up Marlin for FDM printers and get it working correctly, so I don't think its a set up issue in Marlin.

Anyways, I'm kind of stuck here and I'm hoping someone can help.

Thanks!!!

PacManFan
Site Admin

Re: Tilt mechanism moving with Z axis

Postby PacManFan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:28 pm

ArtyDuck

Postby ArtyDuck » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello, i have the same problem, what was the reason for this? Jop, i can move the Z axis and X axis independently using the Manual Controls. Is it real a Problem of the Gcode? :shock:

ArtyDuck

Postby ArtyDuck » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:52 pm

OK, change from CW RC9 to an other Version, somthing like CW_Main_1.0.0.41 and the Problem is solved. I think there's a little Bug in RC9!
Thanks a lot for your work!