Software Idea to massively decrease sticking force...

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bkubicek

Software Idea to massively decrease sticking force...

Postby bkubicek » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:56 am

Not sure if it works, since my software is not finished yet and neither is my printer:

Usually, one exposes the whole slide with a 2d picture, and then makes some moves to unstuck the layer, then lifts in z, then goes down again in z for the next layer.

How about:
Exposing only the unveven y-pixels in a frame, lifting z, go down in z to the original distance.
Then expose the even y-pixels in a frame, lifting z, go down in z to the new z distance.
this should half the sticking force.

The method could also expose locational sections.
And an expansion to expose even less in one go is simpel, e.g. first y%4==0, then y%4==1 and so on.

Any further ideas, or input if this could work?

PS: I started to write some code that can create the pixel graphics to perform the exposure. The goal is to have a dedicated software running on an raspberry, that can send gcode and view fullscreen images. Probably this already exists, but I want my own :)

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Software Idea to massively decrease sticking force...

Postby PacManFan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:22 am

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm wondering how it would work for long or thin sections of geometry.

ecurtz

Postby ecurtz » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 am

Very clever. It would require a lot of testing to determine what the best pattern for dividing the layers would be and how you would deal with image bleed/overexposure of the edge areas.

bkubicek

Postby bkubicek » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 pm

_very_ sophisticated would a build of the following type:
a z axis that can rotate around the y-axis.
The buildplate is a rotated shape, so that if you are at z-min and rotate the z, the buildplate rolls over the bottom conainer surface.

While building, one only exposes the stripe that is currently in contact with the container.
The rotation lifts/rips away the printed locations.

but, the print time would increase linearly by the number of image-partitions.

anyhow, I started coding "illuminator", its qt5 and c++, and does the slicing of stls on the fly. Intention is to let it run on rapsberry, and remote control it over ethernet, beamer connected to the raspberry. The problem is, my kjob is quite stressful, so time limited....