Simple Sprinter/Marlin?

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
CobraDLP
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Simple Sprinter/Marlin?

Postby CobraDLP » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Hey everyone, first post.

This place is extremely helpful. I am a total noob but paired with youtube and this site I was able to get my RAMPS to connect and move a simple stepper in CW using the muve3d firmware. No skeleton yet, im just trying to get healthy movement out of my little nema before moving forward with bone design.

I noticed the Sprinter and Marlin firmwares listed around this forum are for the REPRAP design with extruders, x and y movement, the works. But what if I were building a simple bottom up machine with only Z axis movement of about 8-10 inches max. Is there an already existing sprinter or marlin that would be much easier for a newbie such as myself to modify? The marlins i have seen thus far are pages and pages of code. Or is there a way to trim all that nonsense out of there?

Looking forward to a response.

PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Simple Sprinter/Marlin?

Postby PacManFan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:45 pm

CobraDLP

Postby CobraDLP » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 am

When I was first connected to CW I had the muve3d Marlin firmware on the arduino. In CW I disabled all the unnecessary gadgets on the control panel such as xy movement, heatbed ect.

One, my stepper would only move in the upward direction, not downward. And I could feel the resistance of the software not wanting to accept button mashing for inputs so I would slowly click +1 or +10 and some would move and some would not. I have a video on my phone If you needed me to send you it.

Another description would be I would hit the home button it would spin. hit home again it would kind of seize up but the tone of the motor would last the same amount of time, hit home again, it would spin just fine.

Thanks for and and all help, I have never done anything like this before and I'm actually getting somewhere.

CobraDLP

Postby CobraDLP » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Progress:

Got a fresh Sprinter. Connected in CW just fine. I don't have a movement down. No endstops in yet just the z axis on the RAMPS. all the Upward motions move fine. When i button mash it locks the stepper up however.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm

CobraDLP

Postby CobraDLP » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Do you have a link to the most recommended firm ware? Sprinter or Marlin?

bkubicek

Postby bkubicek » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Nica

Postby Nica » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 am

Not nice. We are not programmers and tri to figure this out. Every time we ask for help they give us this link to marlin firmware in github. This software is not pre configure. So if you do not know what you are doing it is not going to work. This guy have the same problem as i have and no body wants to help. I have a(and only ) a z axis and one end-stop on my dlp printer. that's it. All the software have heaters and x and y axes pre programmed and we do not know how to tell the software we don't have heaters, X and y axis . If someone can only give us a working file that we can upload into the ardiuno for test we helped already and we can work from there. (firmware) . So please sir is it possible to put a firmware test file here for a dlp with only a enstop and a z axes. steps on z axes is 2560. It is a 8mm threaded rod with nema 17 stepper . reservoir is at bottom an uv under. Built plate go up

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:51 am

Nica

Postby Nica » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes i know. But too start is very difficult if you didn't do it before. I will tri my best. The only thing what i really do not know is to program. Looks like i must learn that first. They say you must crawl before you can walk. So be it thank you