Need Firmware Help (RAMPS 1.4)

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
RapApp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Need Firmware Help (RAMPS 1.4)

Postby RapApp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Try the Firmware from my blog.
Connect Motor 1 to Z Driver
Motor 2 to E0 Driver
Case fan to E0 power output
Endstop to Z-Max

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Finhead » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:37 am

Ok, Made a bunch of progress, I am printing.. Sort of..

For some reason I cant figure out the Z does not raise after peeling, it just returns back to its original spot instead of raising the layer thickness.

I am using the Muve3d firmware, This is my CW peel command:

;********** Lift Sequence ********
M107; LED OFF
M650 D5 P800 S2 W$LayerThickness; Sets parameters for the peel
M651; Runs the peel action
G4 P1000
;********** Lift Sequence **********

Now when I look at the Gcode it looks like this:

;********** Lift Sequence ********
M107; LED OFF
M650 D5 P800 S2 W.1; Sets parameters for the peel
M651; Runs the peel action
G4 P1000

So that W$layerthickness command is taking my layer thickness value from the slice options. But it doesnt do anything..

anyone have any idea whats going on? I also noticed I cannot set the speed that the Z returns at. I can set the lift speed using the S2 value in the M650 command but it seems to return at full speed and doesnt raise the layer thickness.

Someone please help!

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Not sure why your fighting this. lol
Since your using the mUVe motion control and firmware why not use there profiles and software setup, all the work has been done for you.

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:28 pm

I am using their firmware and CW.. im not sure what else you mean? I had to modify their firmware quite a bit to get it to work with my machine, so i dont know what you mean by all the work has been done for me?

Im sure its just something simple im missing. Does anyone else have use the muve firmware? what are your gcode settings for CW?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 pm

So your using there profiles found on the page?

What changes did you make to the firmware? You may have taken removed or commented out parts that are needed to run the lift sequence properly.

Phife

Postby Phife » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:44 pm

No I couldnt use their profiles as Im using an LED array and some things needed to be added to control that.

But, after looking at their profile, I see this line:

<GCodeLift>;********** Lift Sequence ********
M651; Do mUVe 1 Peel Move
G1 Z(($LayerThickness) * $ZDir)

I think Im missing that G1 Z(($LayerThickness) * $ZDir)

By looking at it Im assuming i have it all right just need to add that line in. It also looks like the M651 command runs the peel then returns to the previous Z location then the G1 command raises it by the layer thickness. So i guess it returns to the original Z before it peeled jamming the part down into the vat bottom then raises the layer thickness. I think this could cause some issues although its only pressing the vat bottom down the layer thickness (in my case 0.1mm) before raising.

Thanks Finhead, i'll try that.

vonhellsing

Postby vonhellsing » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Hi,

I build one DLP hardware, its like Droplite, but i change wheels and alum extruded per linear and LM8uu, just one motor on Z and 1 endstop to limiter, no tilt, like droplit.

i have a atmega board and ramps, i need some help to configure my arduino, i had downloaded firmware from RapApp, and start my doubts,

i need make changes, or just ignore second stepmotor ?

cheers!

Angelini

PomeroyB

Postby PomeroyB » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Phife

Postby Phife » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:15 pm