Drivers needed to controll mega 2560

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
chemstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drivers needed to controll mega 2560

Postby chemstar » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:05 pm

YAY ITS FIXED :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok so how did i fix it by adding 3 jumpers below the step stick

so after sitzme suggesting it was a step rate problem i had done a little research and voila i found post mentioning the jumpers under the stepper driver boards.

all the tutorials i have read regarding ramps set ups i have never seen mention of these jumpers nor was the ramps board shipped with jumpers, very frustrating,

now how do i make the steeper step faster hahahahahahah do remove one jumper or adjust the firmware??????

thank you to all that help 8-)

Finhead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drivers needed to controll mega 2560

Postby Finhead » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Ramp up your speed in firmware. If you remove the jumpers it will step fast but less accurate.
BTW that stepper motor is going to draw too much current for that driver you my burn it out. They really shouldn't drive any higher than 2 amps your stepper will draw 2.8