Drivers needed to controll mega 2560

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
chemstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Drivers needed to controll mega 2560

Postby chemstar » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:28 am

Hi guys im having dramas connecting to my control board im thinking i may need more drivers??

i can program the board fine, i tested this by installing the test firm ware and all was well

but when i connect CW there is nothing also when i connect Grbl controller i get No data from COM port after connect. Expecting Grbl version string.

i have tried several several firmware versions including firmware versions know to work with my setup and still nothing.. any suggestions welcomed

here are some pics of my set up
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

hp_
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drivers needed to controll mega 2560

Postby hp_ » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:24 am

with marlin it works great!

hp

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:48 am

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:51 am

thanks for the advice guys iv done all of the above and everything here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1473

when i connect to Grbl controller i now get this message

Expecting Grbl version string. Unable to parse response.

when i connect to CW and run a print the stepper buzzes but doesn't move,

if i go into settings and click homing on the z axis the stepper will spin but wont stop (optic end stop not configured)

very confusing,

does anyone have a working firmware file that will work with the above set up using optic end stops and the reprap LCD smart controller???

sitzme

Postby sitzme » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 am

How much experience in motion control do you have? This will help get appropriate answers.
Have you made the motors turn with any other software? I used Pronterface during hardware debug because I also have a RepRap and it helps to sort if the problem is with one program or another, or a setup issue.
Are the max step rates set to a sane value in firmware?
Did you use the "connect" function in CW before trying to jog?
Are you on your own or do you know someone else who has a working RepRap or other device using Arduino/steppers?

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:23 am

Have you tried using Marlin or Sprinter? It will work once homed that is the key for any of the firmware.
If you do try or have tried Marlin and your endstop does not trigger you would need to configure your Pins Here is a basic guide that should help you out.

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi guys

I have zero motion control experience and a little experience with the mega ( quad copter control boards)

Unfortunately I'm on my own here, I'll start from scratch again and try and get the end stops dialled in as well as step rates etc etc

I have had the stepper spinning with the test firmware as well as all the indicator lights flashing so I'm assuming all the hardware is fine.

One thing that did confuse me in marlin was all the LCD code, to me it seems there are settings that would conflict with others, I am a noob to sla printing and motion control so I may be wrong.

So to recap I set up my firmware as If it's a reprap printer and I should be fine?????

Thanks guys

Finhead

Postby Finhead » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:54 pm

I don't think a LCD will work with DLP printing with CW.
As far as I know it has not been implemented yet so it would be a non issue. If you want a working Marlin firmware just download the one I have posted up.

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:27 am

Hi guys

im still having problems i have done all relevant tutorials i have tried your firmware finhead but im still having the same problems.

iv reinstalled the test firmware to double check and everything works there

very frustrating i would love to get it working so i can get it off the bench and into the frame

here are some links to the vids to see what its doing
Last edited by chemstar on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chemstar

Postby chemstar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:28 am

sorry about the low res uploaded from phone