Laser SLA reprap

Here is the place to discuss software and related tools for Slice generation, machine control, & etc...
PacManFan
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Laser SLA reprap

Postby PacManFan » Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Alright, my efforts have paid off! Today, I successfully integrated the USB controls for the LaserShark module. Who has a X-Y Galvo system (at least 20kpps), laser and a LaserShark to help me test?

Wabbe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Wabbe » Thu May 22, 2014 9:01 am

I can help! I'll have a top down system setup by this weekend for testing. It has 20Kpps galvo x-y and 150mW laser.

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Thu May 22, 2014 9:33 am

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Thu May 22, 2014 10:01 am

Sounds great! Yeah the LaserShark is in the mail and I'm currently tracking it :) The printer is set to go too. I converted my DLP top down with the laser/galvo setup. I'll just need to adjust the distance of the laser board to the print surface once going for the correct xy. I could technically meet the 4096x4096 for testing if needed, sense everything is adjustable with my setup. The z axis has a 12 inch travel too with floating resin on a saline solution.

Bill

@A2

Postby @A2 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 pm

laser cut simple thing with as standard RepRap setup as possible.

Prusa Research Laser Cutting with Prusa Mendel i2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40id30dC ... niRJZRYMvg

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Tue May 27, 2014 11:07 am

System is setup. I have all of the electronics mounted on top with an adjustable z-axis. Figured this would be the best way to increase build size or focus the laser.
Attachments
photo[3].JPG

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sat May 31, 2014 1:34 am

I just got my new galvo setup in the mail yesterday, and my laser in the mail today. I just need to wire a few things up for a real test of my code. Probably a few more days before I make a special release for the lasershark setup.

Wabbe

Postby Wabbe » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:31 pm

Look forward to testing and helping out!

Which channel are you going to use on the LaserShark for the laser? Channel A,B or C?

PacManFan
Site Admin

Postby PacManFan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Channel C for now, I'll probably make it configurable

jbray6

Postby jbray6 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 am

I'm currently working on a galvo-based printer with a 405nm laser, so I would also be happy to test the new creation workshop software if you would like a few more beta testers. Lasershark board (v2.1) should arrive early next week, everything else is ready to go.