MonoWare for LittleRPs

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MonoWare for LittleRPs

Postby cooly » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:10 am

Hello LittleRP users!

I've wrote multiple posts here and there in this forum, but would like to add a post here to support existing or future LittleRP users who're interested in or using LittleRP with MonoWare.

I've bug fixed and updated MonoWare to support Grbl 0.8a (that is a bundle firmware with LittleRP and RP2). You can control your printer's z stepper motors (set speed, set direction, set acceleration, set screw pitch, etc). Some features are full version only, but essential functions such as importing models, setting printers, and printing the models are free to use.

I've not implemented end-stop functions yet, but you can set the home position and start your printing without issues. MonoWare will remember where you left your stepper position, so you don't need to set the home position again next time you start.

Please come and download MonoWare Lite (recent release: 0.1.016) and give me feedback where are bugs and how to improve.
https://www.monoprinter.com

User manuals and how-to for features will be posted on the website regularly.

You can also reach me via email at info@monoprinter.com.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Yun

PS. I actually recommend Grbl 1.1f (latest version) for existing users since this version is faster and it supports real-time position feedback.

Wedd

Re: MonoWare for LittleRPs

Postby Wedd » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 am

i have printed successfully with monoware with the following settings;
1.png
2.png

NOTE: if you set these values incorrectly it will overwrite GRBL and you may have to reset the values again.
I have checked the INVERSE box because my Z is inverted please confirm whether your Z is inverted or not before printing.
motor steps; if you are using tmc2100 then 400 should be the correct value, if not the value should be 200
motor speed; you may set to your desired value
for acceleration; default value for GRBL 0.8A is 25.
motor position; you must set this value otherwise the limit would be set to zero and build plate will crash downwards after print instead of lift.
3.png

Anti-Aliasing; was recommended to set this value at 1 by the developer of monoware Yun, you can play around with this value and experiment.
Color Channels; must tick the R G B boxes otherwise nothing will be projected
GrayScale; 255
Last edited by Wedd on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wedd

Postby Wedd » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:56 am

4.png

Pixel size; set your XY resolution ,
5.png
5.png (17.42 KiB) Viewed 11028 times

Thickness um; set your Z resolution
6.png

set your exposure timing settings

to set the build plate i manually lower the build plate by hand to zero (touching the fep) and set this position as my home value (at the printer tab)
other functions of monoware should be straight forward enough :)

thank you for your attention

cooly

Postby cooly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am

Thanks Wedd for sharing your MonoWare settings for LittleRP printers.
The current version is 0.1.019 and it has some bug fixed and supports three different settings of motor x (mixer, wiper, tilt).
Please try it out and let me know how it works with your LittleRPs.

Best regards,
Yun