LittleRP v1 with original petri running NanoDLP

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MichaelD33
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LittleRP v1 with original petri running NanoDLP

Postby MichaelD33 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:05 pm

I figured after all my difficulty I should probably make a post dedicated towards potentially helping others.
After a good few months without running, the LRPv1 was due for a reboot. I am working on building some micro motors which run on ~2-3microamps or less, and need a few intricate parts. Considering the printer hadn't ran in months I presumed (correctly) that there would be some work to do.

I own Creation Workshop but I run Mac primarily, and usually just boot into Windows when necessary. Unfortunately I never liked CW, or tethered printing either, so when I found NanoDLP as an option I decided to try it.

1st Roadblock - Install was very easy, but I use wifi to connect to the internet, so I plugged in my USB wifi module and waited, unfortunately it never worked. I navigated to the Cloud Dashboard page on the NanoDLP website and waited for the printer to appear on my network, but it did not. Eventually I decided to move the raspberry pi and plug in an ethernet cable as well, that solved my issue and once I was on the interface, it enabled me to connect to wifi using my dongle.

2nd Issue - Settings and Configuration! This application was fairly frustrating to setup due to the crossplatform support and having to input the custom GCode. I suppose I would have eventually figured it out, but this post helped me alot.

3rd Issue - So in an effort to make setup easier, I attached an LCD display to my raspberry pi, unfortunately it seemed to prioritize the display over the projector, so I had to remove it in order to use the machine.

4th Issue - My one issue with the system is the on-printer slicing, even though its a nice feature, it's painfully slow, and when I encountered an issue while printing it was due to the software not having sliced the print entirely yet.

Anyways, printing is underway and I will update when complete.