Ilieos UV LED projector mod.

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hirenashra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ilieos UV LED projector mod.

Postby hirenashra » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Has anyome made a huge mod to their LRP with their projector with something like this?

http://www.ilios3d.com/en/shop/shop-3d- ... tor-detail

How could you utilise or postition such a projector? Could it evolve the printer?

Goopyplastic, your thoughts.

goopyplastic

Re: Ilieos UV LED projector mod.

Postby goopyplastic » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 pm

It's something I've thought about. There is no reason it wouldn't work, and work well, the problem is that I'm not sure there are that many people who want to get into SLA cheap with a LIttleRP, but are ok spending $1500 on a uv dlp :)

I had plans to release a version of the LittleRP that used the projet / miicraft uv micro dlp as you can buy that unit for $600 or so, and even have placeholders on the LittleRP2 controller pcb for the power and control for this projector, however I didn't think the demand would be there and didn't pursue it. I still have one of these units if someone was interested.

The original intent of the LittleRP was to provide a generic platform so that people could buy used dlp projectors for cheap, making total cost fairly low. The only reason I really added support for costlier 1080p projectors was due to demand for it.

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:46 am

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Brad,

Any update? Very interested to see some sample prints. If you have any complex rings designs etc, be very much appreciated.

Do you also lose the mirror on the printer?

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm

I never actually printed with the setup, however it should be functionally identical to a miicraft or projet 1200.

You can see a short video showing led control with the lrp2 controller.
https://youtu.be/MRyrRtAZMnE

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:05 am

Let's say I was to use the Ileos mini dlp. Is there a chance it might not be compatible to the LRP controller? I see in the video you're bouncing it off a mirror. Can you go mirrorless given the size of these mini UV's? How do you even start to position the projector? A complete base rebuild?