casting resin recommendations

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jon_bondy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

casting resin recommendations

Postby jon_bondy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 am

I've been trying to print a mold using some old MakeSolid CastSolid resin (because I have 2 liters of it lying around). The prints come out, but when I try to pour ceramic into the molds, they crack and break apart. Could be old resin. Could be the ceramic mix is getting too hot.

I know the intended purpose is to print the original and throw a mold around it, but we want to print the mold so that we can burn the mold away from the cast part.

Any recommendations about which resins to use?