LittleRP to RP2 Upgrade

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bminie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LittleRP to RP2 Upgrade

Postby bminie » Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 pm

I was wondering if there is going to be a formal upgrade kit to upgrade the LittleRP1 to RP2 with the extended build area? I saw mention of it a couple of times that is something people would be interested in, count me as one of those people. The RP1 has been working great for me but the prospect of a larger print area an quieter prints is too good to pass up.

Thanks,
Brian

cerriousdesign

Re: LittleRP to RP2 Upgrade

Postby cerriousdesign » Thu May 11, 2017 9:02 pm

I am also very interested in this as well.

goopyplastic

Postby goopyplastic » Fri May 12, 2017 11:53 am

I don't have a great answer for this at the moment but it is something I would still like to offer. I have a backlog of EBA addons I am working on at the moment but after that I will have more time for this. Maybe folks can comment in this thread what they are looking to get out of an upgrade and how much self-sourcing you are able / willing to do, what you are expecting price-wise and I can see what makes sense.

hirenashra

Postby hirenashra » Sun May 14, 2017 4:56 pm

bminie

Postby bminie » Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm

For me, I would have to say that the larger build area is the biggest selling point. While I would really like to have a full upgrade kit, having a kit that allows to upgrade the build area of the RP1 to the extended build area of the RP2 would be ideal (at least in the XY dimension, Z would be awesome but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me). As for self sourcing, I would be willing to self source anything that needs laser cutting such as the sides and base as well as fasteners if provided a list of what would be needed. Having things like the vat and motor with integrated lead screw included in the kit would be really nice.

Thanks,
Brian

cerriousdesign

Postby cerriousdesign » Mon May 15, 2017 7:02 pm

A larger XY build area with larger build plate would be what I want with a better VAT than the petri dishes. I would like to be able to print 75 by 75 XY at least (or somewhere around there) The Z dimensions are more than adequate. I can get things laser cut if I need to for self sourcing.