LittleRP2 Prints

Forum dedicated to discussion and technical support centered around the LittleRP affordable, open source 3D resin printer.
Jaidek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LittleRP2 Prints

Postby Jaidek » Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Here are some of the first print I have done on my LittleRP2 Extended with an Acer x152h. This printer is amazing!

Dwarf
Model by: Dutchmogul
Printed at 50 micron, 3500/8000 with 6 bottom layers.
50% FTD Deep Black / 50% FTB IB Clear

Zombie
Model by: Greg Breault
Printed at 50 micron, 3500/8000 with 6 bottom layers.
50% FTD Deep Black / 50% FTB IB Clear

cooly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LittleRP2 Prints

Postby cooly » Tue May 09, 2017 5:27 am

Great looking prints!

I have some questions about x152h and print condition. Is your setup for xy25? Since Brad said x152h has less barrel distortion and less uv irradiation for less money, I'd like to test the projector with my printer. Have you tried with other projector? The other question is why you mixed two resins. I guess you'd like to minimize the exposure time while getting a better resolution than clear or lightly pigmented IB.

Thanks!
Yun

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 am

Hey Yun,
I believe I am around xy32 on my current setup (I can check tonight). I have not tried any other projectors for resin printing, only the Acer x152h. Overall I have been happy with the projector, its razor sharp...but like you said it is a little lower on the UV power than other projectors.

As for the mixing, I had originally bought some FTD Deep Black to test but the cure times were so high that it was unusable with the Acer x152h. So I resorted in mixing it with other resins to reduce bleed. Then a few weeks ago I ordered some FTD IB Clear after seeing some great prints done with it on a Wanhao Duplicator 7. Unfortunately the resin cured a bit too fast and had serious bleed even after adding some pigment. So just to test, I did a 50/50 mix of the two and now I have the best of both worlds - quick curing and very low light bleed. :D

Thanks,
Corey

Vulwulf

Postby Vulwulf » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 am

My god that looks amazing, and at 50 microns, I may have underestimated just how small 25 microns is. My Little RP2 is stuck somewhere in the UK USPS postal system but hopefully I'll have it in a few days, I cant wait! I too bought a x125h so it's good to see what it's capable of.

Would love to see them base coated/painted.

cooly

Postby cooly » Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your kind reply. It sounds logical how you set up your littlerp and mixed resin. It would be nice if uv filter is removed with x152h, however Brad said it's a bit tricky to do so. I believe 3.5sec per layer is fast enough to print miniatures and figurines.

Best,
Yun

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 am

Yeah, I've read a few posts of people trying to remove the UV filter on the x152h and destroying their projector. It seems it acts as a heat shield as well and ends up melting the lens. So I'll stick with the longer cure times. :)
https://callmevice.com/2016/03/19/how-t ... projector/

Thanks Vulwulf! Here's the guide I used to mod the projector. Have fun with the build!
https://callmevice.com/2016/02/03/modif ... d-printer/

cooly

Postby cooly » Tue May 09, 2017 11:03 am

Vulwulf

Postby Vulwulf » Tue May 09, 2017 3:56 pm

cooly

Postby cooly » Tue May 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Jaidek

Postby Jaidek » Tue May 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Yoda model from Thingiverse printed on the #LittleRP2, super tiny. Overall the print came out pretty good, just a bit rough and lumpy where the supports were. I am not sure if that is due to light bleed or exposure.

50% FTD Deep Black / 50% FTD IB Clear
50 micron, 3250/8000 with 6 bottom layers.